• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I'm willing to bet there would be at least a felon in possession of a firearm charge also.......
    Not according to the officer that showed up 7 hours after the fact. He stated it would be a ticket and asked if my buddy wanted to press charges.

He told my buddy to upload the video to a portal that magically happened to be down when tried. He honestly showed up and implied it was a waste of his time, being that the crime was only ticket worthy.

If you would have been there it was mind blowing that he was saying tough shit. I’m still speechless, my buddy is going to go higher than the police department to file complaints. We doubt it will do any good but after dealing with that why not.

He wasn’t even going to report it because it’s more of a hassle to deal with the insurance and have rates raised then to replace the glass. I told him phuck that report it and instantly regretted it after he was treated like the criminal.

All In all he said nothing was being reported for insurance and he was basically letting them know for public safety and common curtesy. In the end he was told no big deal it’s a waste of our time phuck off.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Not according to the officer that showed up 7 hours after the fact. He stated it would be a ticket and asked if my buddy wanted to press charges.

Amazing how he can tell that from watching a video. So either the policy of APD is NOT to investigate and prosecute the use of firearms in the commission of a crime, or the criminal is someone the officer knows and has some personal reason not to pursue charges against.

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    They never do, just say sorry we won’t catch ‘em.
    Had a neighbor who nice motorhome was broken into. He calls the police to report it. The deputy comes and while checking the inside they find a drivers license on the floor and a complete hand and palm print on a dusty table, again not the owner's. Deputy said there was nothing they could do as the perp could say someone stole his license. The owner said that he would take care of it. Deputy said "No, now that we know you know, you would be liable.!"

Deputy said "Next time this happens, don't call us." Another life lesson learned!

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    They came out and did a report and that’s it. Honestly they act like it’s normal and don’t care.

It really is sad, we have fortified this business because the shooting part is new but it’s not the first time the windows have been busted. Same thing every time, do a report and nothing ever comes of it.

Really sad when this has become our normal. He’s my friend so I’m there every time to board it up for him. We’ve learned to keep the wood and wait so he saves a little money every time.

Criminals are not smart, they tend to think business just have gold or cash laying around in the open. You would think they would learn after 12 attempts and never even being able to get in but no.

I will tell him of your dps suggestion though, maybe they can help. Thank you for that.
    Put the Koreans on the roof!!

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Had a neighbor who nice motorhome was broken into. He calls the police to report it. The deputy comes and while checking the inside they find a drivers license on the floor and a complete hand and palm print on a dusty table, again not the owner's. Deputy said there was nothing they could do as the perp could say someone stole his license. The owner said that he would take care of it. Deputy said "No, now that we know you know, you would be liable.!"

Deputy said "Next time this happens, don't call us." Another life lesson learned!
    Hard to believe until you experience it firsthand. You can detain the guy until cops show up and you’ll probably go to jail for kidnapping. It’s all a bunch of bullshit.

Gedunk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    Austin
    Update… detective reached out and said if they catch the guy it’s only a misdemeanor discharge of a firearm. Unbelievable we pay for this lack of service. He didn’t give a phuck.
    There has been a long standing problem of understaffing of the APD. Here is a news article about it from last fall.

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels

EDIT-- The officer's response was basically saying to take care of it himself. The neighbor was a retired AF MSG. Certainly capable to do so.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Wouldn't be surprised if police in the U.S. start to adopt the British style:

1655922214181.png
    I look at this and expect to see about a dozen clowns getting out.

Top Bottom