• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That would be one of those once in a lifetime opportunities.
    That was a one tag every couple years for the whole state opportunity for most of my life. It was a basically canned hunt too a while back with the desired cull rounded up for you.

That's great news for my home state. I know some folks up there have been complaining that the herd was getting dangerous a few years back.

Now to queue up the line of anti hunting anti gun anti everything wacko people to cry about relocating them.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I looked at the firearm rules, holy cow! Non lead ammo of .30 caliber and 165 grains, non-frangible. I got a headache reading it. then you have to qualify, and do your own field dress. Not sure if the park service helps you pack it out. You do get to keep one animal so that is good. Not much challenge to shoot a buffalo, kinda like shooting a paper target.

The non-lead reasoning is full of liberal BS. Copper bullets are no that much more than lead they say.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    I would like to apply... The altitude though is a killer. They are also in a major draught the North Rim got only about a third of the normal rain last year and in 2019 maybe only half. Carrying in all your supplies will be tough hike. BUT - you only die once...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    . Not much challenge to shoot a buffalo, kinda like shooting a paper target.

The non-lead reasoning is full of liberal BS. Copper bullets are no that much more than lead they say.
    Years back a buddies young bison bull got loose. The neighbor calls and say his bison is killing his Angus bull.

Armed with his Shiloh Sharps he sets about shooting his bison. Turned out that young bison bull proved harder to kill!

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Handloads are allowed as long as you use a non lead bullet. I am going to get my hands on some GMX for my 308 and 300wm

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Handloads are allowed as long as you use a non lead bullet. I am going to get my hands on some GMX for my 308 and 300wm
    I may have some, will check and let you know. I know the Barnes are solid copper, non-frangible...can't recall on the GMX (gilded metal) if frangible or not.

Reactions: MTA

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    They sure aren't asking much as far as skill is involved....

• Have a firearm safety certification and pass a marksmanship proficiency test (3 of 5 shots in a 4-inch circle at 100 yards)

Reactions: MTA

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wile Coyote GIF - Wile Coyote Looney GIFs

Top Bottom