• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Yeah, and I talked myself out of it then just like I will now. My 4" M29, downloaded just a bit, takes the place of a .44 Special.

If I were 18 again and buying my second handgun again and still on a severely restricted budget, I'd pick up this GP100 instead of the M29 and I'd never regret it.
    So if I was to buy one of these, what would you trade for it at the upcoming reunion?
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So if I was to buy one of these, what would you trade for it at the upcoming reunion?
    Trade straight up for my Model 29? No, I wouldn't rip you off like that. My M29 is so worn, you wouldn't want it.

If you have a different trade in mind, if there's something I own you want, let me know. I'm open to any mutually beneficial trades.

That goes for anyone who reads this.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think if a guy is just into revolvers, a 44 special sounds like a logical choice. A 40 sw and 45 acp appear to perform like a 44 special. What strikes me is how weak 38 special is. At least 44 special offers some competitive ballistics.
    As long as that guy reloads.

Factory 44 Special ammo is a little spendy.

bigwheel

Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Sounds like a rational approach. Think we done spoke of Vail Ennis. Sheriff of Bee County back in the good old days. He killed many alleged perps with his trusty .44 Special. Rumor was after a killing he would go by the funeral home and stick metal rods into the dead guy to see how his handloads were expanding. He carried a Colt I think.
    https://www.dallasnews.com/arts/books/2017/11/14/voters-took-killer-last-sheriff-texas

Charley

Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    The 44 Special is NOT a "downloaded 44 Magnum", the 44 Magnum is an uploaded 44 Special. I've got 44 Magnums and 44 Specials, both have their place. Except for hunting, I think the 44 Special is more useful cartridge.

Tex929rr

Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I found one on Gunbroker. Finally scratched that itch.

Attachments

• CD594697-65FE-4FAF-939E-B3BB42EE2EAE.jpeg
      CD594697-65FE-4FAF-939E-B3BB42EE2EAE.jpeg
      467.9 KB · Views: 86

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have a 44 magnum and I love it. I also shoot 44 spl. in it and love that round also. I don't own a 9mm (I have in the past) and will probably not be purchasing one. The bigger the bullet, the bigger the hole. In my worthless opinion, the 9mm is not the answer.

Top Bottom