• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just curious, DoD "badge" or "ID card"? If I used my badge, I could see why they might think it's fake. I've never had a problem with an ID card.
    ID, we always called it a badge. When traveling on orders we always had to carry the DoD ID and shipyard clearance badge, also a government passport if traveling overseas. (All legal forms of ID)
    Guns International

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Just being a devils advocate, how safe is it to shoot guns inside a plane?
    Terribly unsafe according to movies. People get sucked out. Of course the plane crashing also kinda sucks too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    My last flight was in 2005, on my way to get my car.
    Unfortunately then it was not an option.

There always options. A one way rental car being one. After 9/11 and all the ridiculous things they started doing in the name of security that really didn’t secure anything I decided to bow out of the charade and refuse to fly. I rent one way cars to pickup semi trucks I buy. Can’t remember which one was further but traveled from Corpus to Phoenix and corpus to fort Meyer, fl this year. Might take a little longer but by golly I ain’t ever had to get felt up with my boots off and pockets emptied.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I didn't have an option at the time as I had already purchased the ticket and was leaving.
    But you are correct, I could have chosen to drive the 1250 miles instead.

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    I'm still working without pay and haven't called out sick. I don't work for the TSA. So many of them probably can't spell common sense, much less display it. Hopefully the shutdown ends soon though.
    URL]

You’re a piece of work. No shame in your game. Go kick rocks.

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    No reason to be banned and you have no idea why I had the thread deleted. I do thank those that support gvt workers like myself. This thread here is about the shutdown, so my post is a valid one. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. It's back to work in the morning for me, still without pay.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    224f066cd319697e7732f628f3fb4f32.jpg

Attachments

• 224f066cd319697e7732f628f3fb4f32.jpg
      224f066cd319697e7732f628f3fb4f32.jpg
      85.1 KB · Views: 337

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    No reason to be banned and you have no idea why I had the thread deleted. I do thank those that support gvt workers like myself. This thread here is about the shutdown, so my post is a valid one. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. It's back to work in the morning for me, still without pay.

Thousands of others are doing the same. You are not special. Directives were sent out that specifically stated NOT to set up GoFundMe pages......you should abide.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm thinking I really need an optic for my Christmas AR pistol. I haven't had a pay check since 9/17/18 when I filed for Social Security Disability do to my health. Wonder how much sympathy money I could get with a go fund me page? Hell $250.00 would do it. I'd panhandle the intersection by the house, but might have to shoot my completion (use to think about it while waiting @ the light on the way to work anyway).

Sock Puppet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    It's back to work in the morning for me, still without pay.

I've tried to stay out of this. I felt bad for you at first, but the more you type the less I feel that way. We get it...you're a federal employee and required to work without pay until the government shutdown is over if you want to keep your job. You're not even the only one in over their head after a recent large purchase. If it were me (and everyone is different), I would do whatever it took to make things work for my family. Work a second job, evenings, weekends, Uber...whatever worked with my situation before I would go to an internet forum where no one knows me. But you do you...

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I'm thinking I really need an optic for my Christmas AR pistol. I haven't had a pay check since 9/17/18 when I filed for Social Security Disability do to my health. Wonder how much sympathy money I could get with a go fund me page? Hell $250.00 would do it. I'd panhandle the intersection by the house, but might have to shoot my completion (use to think about it while waiting @ the light on the way to work anyway).
    $250? Heck go out on a busy corner of intersection. You'll have that by noon.

As for TSA, well I already made my feelings known. The Startlegram reported that some "essential" employees were not getting paid. Problem is the media is so far in the tank for the left, I do not knw who to believe. The Fed Govt. has become a fat albatross (much like many Americans). It's long past time citizens demand congress stops wasting tax dollars for chit like building Mosques in the Middle East and every little pet project the congress person has in a bid to be re-elected. Despite all that, THIS is not even about that. DT has not curtailed spending by that much. Your grandkids are gonna pay the price. THIS is about one party being a POS and not doing what is right but then the have a long history of that by murdering all the potential unborn tax payers and freeloaders

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    After 9/11 and all the ridiculous things they started doing in the name of security that really didn’t secure anything I decided to bow out of the charade and refuse to fly.
    I had to fly a great deal immediately after 9/11. For a while, there, it didn't matter what they did. When there are only 5 people on any plane, security goes pretty quick.

Nowadays? Well, the TSA doesn't get a lot of sympathy from me. I don't mind them doing their jobs. I don't mind the job they do. I do mind the too-high percentage of incompetent employees they seem to retain.

Top Bottom