• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    ...and I don't even know if the thing works.

My dad passed away 6 years ago (7 this December). This weekend I found a box of his that I missed and looked through it. There were a lot of odds and ends in there, mainly computer accessories. A few years before he passed he had taken some small local pc repair training. From that point on it was common to see him with a few beat up old school laptops and towers. That box had a lot of spare cables and components, much, if not all, to items that are long gone and very outdated.

Something else was at the bottom underneath everything. And it was something that didn't belong. Much to my surprise there was a well used Aimpoint CompM2 in there! the battery cap and windage/elevation tethers were there but torn so got rid of those. Cleaned it up the outside a bit. Both the front, especially the threads, and back need a little more work to get the caked in dirt out. Plan to order a new tether and replace the bikini covers with flip-up caps. Debating on whether to order new replacement battery/adjustment caps.

I just need to see if it works. Batteries are on the way and should be here tomorrow hopefully.
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• 20211025_092059.jpg
      20211025_092059.jpg
      913.3 KB · Views: 136
    • 20211025_092121.jpg
      20211025_092121.jpg
      589.9 KB · Views: 129

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    ...and I don't even know if the thing works.

My dad passed away 6 years ago (7 this December). This weekend I found a box of his that I missed and looked through it. There were a lot of odds and ends in there, mainly computer accessories. A few years before he passed he had taken some small local pc repair training. From that point on it was common to see him with a few beat up old school laptops and towers. That box had a lot of spare cables and components, much, if not all, to items that are long gone and very outdated.

Something else was at the bottom underneath everything. And it was something that didn't belong. Much to my surprise there was a well used Aimpoint CompM2 in there! the battery cap and windage/elevation tethers were there but torn so got rid of those. Cleaned it up the outside a bit. Both the front, especially the threads, and back need a little more work to get the caked in dirt out. Plan to order a new tether and replace the bikini covers with flip-up caps. Debating on whether to order new replacement battery/adjustment caps.

I just need to see if it works. Batteries are on the way and should be here tomorrow hopefully.
    Sorry to hear about your old man. Looks like he gave you one last gift though that is awesome

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Thank you MTA89. Even though a lot of time has passed since it happened, it still feels like it was yesterday. Which really surprises me because of how long it has been and how I missed this box. This is something that made me instantly think of my dad and want to hold on to it because it was his. Just have to find something new to put it on if it works!

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Thank you MTA89. Even though a lot of time has passed since it happened, it still feels like it was yesterday. Which really surprises me because of how long it has been and how I missed this box. This is something that made me instantly think of my dad and want to hold on to it because it was his. Just have to find something new to put it on if it works!
    Your dad probably wants it on a brand new Noveske :cool:Treat yourself

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Batteries came in and it works!

JSPHWkc.jpg

I do have a question. This is something that I notice in doors or in low light, and also something that I have not noticed on other optics (Trijicon MRO, Holosun). The led projects to the front then seems to bounce to the back and then to the front again on the two highest settings. Outdoors or in daylight this becomes unnoticeable. Could this be a result of the lens coating?

VPe10KK.jpg

U0xRIMe.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …The led projects to the front then seems to bounce to the back and then to the front again on the two highest settings. Outdoors or in daylight this becomes unnoticeable. Could this be a result of the lens coating?

Possibly, but I’ve always been under the impression that brightness should be no higher than the minimum necessary setting for visibility specifically to prevent reflection like this from occurring.

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    I've watched a handful of videos in which Aimpoint optics are used and noticed this very thing within the videos themselves when the reticle was focused on. Looks to be Aimpoints are just very bright on the higher end.

Possibly, but I’ve always been under the impression that brightness should be no higher than the minimum necessary setting for visibility specifically to prevent reflection like this from occurring.

This is true as well.

Top Bottom