• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I had a spinal fusion on the 18th. My pain doc left the practice on the 10th but I was transferred to her partner for a normal appointment on the 26th, the day my meds run out. It's getting rediclious lately with all the hoops you have to jump thru thanks to the gooberment but that's a different story.

I go in on the 26 and was told the dr will not see me. I'm like I made this appointment a month ago and just had back surgery and am not allowed to even goto the ER for pain management because of the contract I signed with the practice 8 or 9 years ago. First they say he doesn't accept my insc. I say bullsheit it's a Medicare advantage plan and even if he doesn't take it he does take Medicare and thus in emergencies he will be paid. Besides I will gladly pay cash and submit for reimbursement myself. They bumbled and stumble and say he wont take cash payments. Again thanks gooberment cause cash customers are a red flag.

I remind them I've been coming her for 9 years and have 20 years of pain management records I gave them and JUST HAD BACK SURGERY so that BS doesn't pass the smell test.

The phucking coward wouldnt even step out of his office...I was looking at him...and talk to me. I told them they are violating the contract and best med practices cause even if I failed a piss test and get booted they are required to prescribe at least a month of meds.

They let slip hes an Interventional pain doc, meaning the only drug he prescribed is steroids he injects. He doesn't even do the pain pumps as he would have to fill them every month.

This whole environment is BS. Just like everything the gooberment tries to help with all they do is phuck the law abiding. 20 years ago pain meds used to be cheap. Then the gooberment wants them reformulated to make them abuse resistant. The drug companies are like cool, our patents expired so here you go a new abuse resistant drug with new patents. It was 15 bucks last month now its 650.00 bucks. Oh and guess what? The drug addicts have instructions online how to beat the coating or abuse resistant additives before the pharmacy even has it in stock.

It's all BS. 12 fricking back surgeries and I worked thru most of them in some stupid attempt to be productive and not give up almost dying from an infection in the process. 20 years in pain management cause of permanent damage done by the infection and surgeries. Never failed a piss test. Never "lost" meds or got them "stolen".....which means took too much or sold them cause no one loses meds or leaves them out to get stolen. I have even passed all the report to have your meds counted tests they toss in to make sure your not selling them. Every problem I have is verified by a test or scan or xray. Nothing is transient or unverifiable just take my word for it pain. I've tried the stimulator where it felt like I was being electrocuted as well as literally 100s of injections, most all do work to some extent, and try out every new gadget on the market and this punk ars noob doc just phucks me and boots me out the door on a friday afternoon a week after surgery knowing I have no meds left.

You follow the rules for nothing. Again thanks to the gooberment you cant just get meds from another doc. Not even my surgeon would prescribe them till he talked to the pain docs office on Monday. He was pissed and filed a complaint against the pain doc, you know how rare that it. I also filed a complaint but who knows how that will go.

I called 47 pain management dr on my insc before I found one who would see me and they had to verify my story first because this isnt supposed to be able to happen. So I see one friday but in today's environment who knows how that will go. I cant blame them I guess as they are being imprisoned for over prescribing. Some do but some are the only doc in hundreds of miles so who knows.

20 years ago I'd be in jail. That bastard is lucky I've mellowed and just had surgery. That and I had to keep the wife from getting to him, lol. The rage I felt was such I havnt felt in a long long time, not since some punk inmate attacked me from behind during a disturbance. Since I dont work anymore I dont really have to watch what I say so closely. I still gotta be nice till I get my records cause I need those. I might even try a lawyer but who knows.

When other dr are filing complaints and telling you to do so and to get a lawyer you know you're right to be a bit pissed.

There will be a reckoning for that arrogant little punk. I've had "parking lot conferences" with fellow officers cause they did something stupid enough to endanger others and I was never as angry as I am now.

Rant off.

My surgeon prescribed about 2weeks of meds and got an appointment on friday with a new doc. That's world record time cause it took almost 2 months when we moved here in 11.

There are no words.
    I gotta take up voodoo doll making for the short term. Give the doc experience at healing his self. Not everyone is a drug seeking con artist. He needs some refresher training.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Very sorry to hear that you are in both pain and extreme frustration.

I can certainly emphasize with the latter.

Glad you were able to hold your temper, might have been momentary relief but would not have solved anything.

Hang in there. May the Good Lord send His healing to you.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Wisdom teeth?

Too soon?
    No mine are gone. But you might laugh at the fact that on my way out the door they gave me a syringe to wash out the food and a coupon for a couple of milkshakes. Being as I was still pretty zonked I didnt really catch the rules about not sucking or washing out the area for several days.

2 guesses what happened and how long it took to happen?

That's another stupid thing I had done on a friday. At least that was 35 years ago and thankfully the memory has faded.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I've turned down pain Meds at times when I knew better. Because I knew enough people who were living with and fighting your battle. Pain, usually started by injury that was unavoidable, but certainly not self inflicted leaving a person dependent on doctors and nameless insurance people on the phone. I wish I had an answer. Know I feel for you brother.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Thanks, we try to look at it like this. I got to be a stay home dad from about the time the youngest two went to kindergarten so they never had to goto daycare or be latchkey kids......do they even use that term anymore?

So theres always a silver lining.

As for the meds I'm on the lowest dose I've ever been on. My last doc was smart enough to rotate between 2 or 3 meds instead of upping the dose. You can even lower your meds if you rotate between the right drugs that effect the receptors differently. You get great relief, better than upping the dose and never get that high or drugged feeling, just relief. When people start chasing that sedated high feeling and equate that with pain relief and the Dr helps by simply raising the dose that's when they go down the drain to addiction. Your body will always become tolerant but real addiction starts when you alter you way of receiving what relief is. You almost reprogram your brain.

I've stopped the pain meds probably 7 or 8 times after surgeries or treatments were successful enough I didnt need them. I was lucky enough to never crave the high or drug. I just switched to the weakest pain medication, used to be darvocet but they dont make it anymore, and simply stretched out the time in between till it was 8 hours and then picked a night I worked graveyard to quit. You cant sleep anyways when doing that and after the 12 or 16 hours that was it. It was never difficult for me but I know others struggle with it.

Last edited:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    No mine are gone. But you might laugh at the fact that on my way out the door they gave me a syringe to wash out the food and a coupon for a couple of milkshakes. Being as I was still pretty zonked I didnt really catch the rules about not sucking or washing out the area for several days.

2 guesses what happened and how long it took to happen?

That's another stupid thing I had done on a friday. At least that was 35 years ago and thankfully the memory has faded.

Those dry sockets are so fun!

I feel your pain. Used to be I would get a six month prescription for my pain meds. Now I have to contact the doctor every 28 days to get my morphine refilled. Thankfully the VA website makes that really easy and I've got a really good doc that cares.

You might try some CBD oil. It made a hell of a difference for me.

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/

That's the company I buy from. I know of the the kids dad. If you qualify for their discount program it's a 60% discount. I use the tincture and have started to use one of the balms. The balm makes a huge difference on my knees. Put it on before bedtime and I can sleep all night without knee pain.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Sorry about that, I know that they've really cut back on prescribing any pain medications outside of "tylenol and ibuprofen" why would I pay for yours when I can go to the store and buy that.

There is an opioid epidemic and they think this will stop it. They're idiots. You can buy pure heroin for pennies on the dollar compared to the cost in the 90s. Now with fentanyl pouring over the border it's even worse.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am so sorry to hear about this happening to you. I hope it gets resolved ASAP.

This is a direct result of the “war” on drugs.

If it does not affect someone else’s life, liberty or property it should not be a crime.
    Period.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Yep, people who really need pain medication because they have real pain are being screwed because the government has decided how much pain you really have. My wife had a spinal fusion that has caused her nothing but misery and is in constant pain.

dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    I have three herniated discs in my neck, and the doc wants to operate and fuse them. I used opiods for one week (I wanted off them as fast as possible) and then was using ibuprofen for another two weeks. Could not get more than 2 hours sleep before the pain would wake me up. I have a relatively high tolerance for pain, but this was making me dysfunctional.
    After a lot of research by my wife she tells me to try the CBD oil she just bought. I now go to a chiropractor once a month and take about a half eye dropper full of CBD every day and the pain stays at about a 1 or 2 on the richter scale, something I can usually ignore. There is a lot of snake oil out there, so good news there are some tests going on (maybe bad news the government is doing the testing, heh) but word of mouth advertising and some research is probably the best bet. I get from a different place than TheMailMan, called FAB, but probably little difference.
    I had to stop for about 10 days because of a drug test (which is insulting at my age). No guarantees it will not pop on a test, although it certainly shouldn't. The pain shot back up to a 4 or 5 in just that small time.
    Amazing stuff.
    And no surgery for me if I can avoid it, hell I would need a damn wide angle lens and 24 inch monitor to back up the truck if I let them fuse three discs.
    Here is hoping you get some relief, and you showed great restraint (which is not always easy).

Top Bottom