• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Having looked at the range map I see a number of ranges in the area. My BIL, ex Marine, is thinking about gun purchase. Although a Marine he was a communications officer and did not handle weapons very much. Anyway they now live is San Antonio and he is contemplating a purchase. I told hi to go to a range and rent several to see what he likes. So I am asking y'all for recommendations for a good place to go that will help some in the process. A place that will answer Noob type questions without getting snarky about it.

thanks
    Texas SOT

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Both Mission Ridge and all the Nardis locations have a wide range of handguns to rent. Mission Ridge can have helpful sales folks if you drive the conversation and not let them make assumptions (since you were a Marine, you’ll love this…)
    I wouldn’t pay their prices for a gun though. Same can he said for Bass Pro gun counter, too.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    We've had pretty good TGT gatherings at Lonestar Handgun before. I'm not sure about their rentals, but everybody working there has always been very friendly. They usually have a decent selection of used guns too.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Thanks all good recommendations, except for Lonestar. They were super busy the time I went there. Besides I think he wants to take his wife and have a little more space. I will pas along the info.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Depends on what side of town you are on. For indoor Nardis ,mission ridge, and buck and does. I prefer outdoor. Lonestar is nice. I'm a member at Cedar Ridge in Bulverde since it's close to home. I'm happy there for now

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom