• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I've scored a few hard to finds at Collectors. I also bought my XDM45 from there when they were announced, Collectors was they only game in town that was taking pre-orders. I have had good luck trolling pawn shops on the outskirts of town.
    Capitol Armory ad

sikacz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Houston
    Collector's Firearms, not necessarily inexpensive, but will haggle as noted. Best of all they have a large selection of guns.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Lone Star Defense in the Spring Branch area off Long Point has a consignment section and I’ve done business with them in the past. As others have said, pawn shops are usually pretty good sources too. I’ve scored some good deals

Louski

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    Orange Texas
    I've had luck at pawn shops

Never had luck at pawn shops
    The last one I was in the owner got mad when he show me a gun and ask the price he said it on the tag very rudely and I like down and started to laugh the price was stupid hi had to leave because he was getting mad and I couldn’t stop laughing
    giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Lone Star Defense in the Spring Branch area off Long Point has a consignment section and I’ve done business with them in the past. As others have said, pawn shops are usually pretty good sources too. I’ve scored some good deals

Pawn shops can be hit or miss IMO. I have gotten some really great deals in them, but have as well seen some stupid high prices for complete junk. Some they will barter a bit on price, and some won't budge the least.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I’d say my success rate at pawns is around 5%. Good thing though, otherwise I’d go broke. To me it’s just fun and a good way to spend an afternoon. To me it’s like a treasure hunt. Also good excuse for a motorcycle ride, so im able to enjoy both of my hobbies at the same time. I’ve got my regulars that I go to because they are within 10-15 miles of the house. There is one that is just around the corner, but he always prices his guns within 10% of new and he won’t deal too much so I stopped going there. The others I frequent are at market price but every once in a while I stumble on a good deal and all but one they did haggle on the price. Examples:
    Marlin/Glenfield model 30A .30-30
    SW model 19-5
    SW model 66-1
    SW 4506

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Haven't been to Collector in a year or two, but I've bought several "had to have" firearms there for "decent" prices. They did get the best of me at least once; was looking for a model 24/624, and the clerk sidetracked me with a 6" nickel-plated S&W model 27. Tried to explain that it looked like a pimp gun, and I had no need for it. He took $60-$70 off the price and I ended up walking out with it - its a fantastic shooting revolver. The guy had the nerve to call me at work a month later and told me he was holding a 6 1/2" model 624 for me. Had to take a long lunch break and drive in from The Woodlands to grab it. Think I've bought two other S&W's from them. Prices are never cheap, but great guns rarely go for bargain basement prices. Guess I'll try to get back down there this week!!

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I have always gotten good deals at Tomball Pawn.
    Haven't been there for a while cause I think I have all the guns I need for now.
    I was there a couple of times and I bought a nice DPMS AR 6.8 rifle from them. I need to go back to them when I am at that side of town.

Top Bottom