• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Good point. I don’t guess I’d want to use Brand X for self defense purposes though. Might as well just save the $ and buy Round Nose. Why else shoot JHP at the range. What do you think?
    1661457146931.png

Specifications for Ammo, Inc. Signature .45 ACP 230 grain Jacketed Hollow Point Brass Cased Centerfire Pistol Ammunition:​

Manufacturer:Ammo, Inc.
    Cartridge:.45 ACP
    Number of Rounds:20
    Bullet Type:Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP)
    Bullet Weight:230 grain
    Cartridge Case Material:Brass
    Muzzle Velocity:895 ft/s
    Muzzle Energy:865 ft-lbs
    Application:Personal Protection, Target
    Package Type:Box
    Included Accessories:Standard
    Primer Style:Centerfire
    Lead Free:No
    Gun Type:Pistol

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It is surprising! I’m out of the ammo buying business for a bit, but I’m sure on board. I like the guy in the video as well.
    To be honest, from the little research I've done, their 38spcl jhp sucks. Lol, performance wise but lots of 38spcl have that issue. They need higher velocity cause they are derived from 357.

9 and 45 do pretty well. Top of the line super duper fancy newest thing out of 0 inch barrel well? No but as good as any traditional JHP like it was tested against.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    To be honest, from the little research I've done, their 38spcl jhp sucks. Lol, performance wise but lots of 38spcl have that issue. They need higher velocity cause they are derived from 357.

9 and 45 do pretty well. Top of the line super duper fancy newest thing out of 0 inch barrel well? No but as good as any traditional JHP like it was tested against.
    Wasn’t the .357 derived from the . 38spl?

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    He might be referring the hollow point design, not the round.

But there are plenty of .38 special JHP's today that work just fine.
    Correct. It seems some of the 38spcl older JHP designs are simply 357 JHP designs and need the velocity of the 357 to perform properly, i.e reliable and repeatable expansion.

Modern 38spl specific jhp prefoem very well at slower velocity. I suspect the prior is true of this brands jhp.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Good see ammo back on the shelves at two Academy Sports stores in Plano, TX. What with inflation and everything it is all so much more expensive but at least one can buy it. For example I bought 9mm ammo at $.19 per round in 2019 from an online vendor. The 9mm ammo at Academy was selling for $.39 per round. Some online retail sells same ammo at $.28 per rd from AmmoSeek.com.

See photo.

Attachments

• 20220929_114818-COLLAGE.jpg
      20220929_114818-COLLAGE.jpg
      486.3 KB · Views: 38

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Good see ammo back on the shelves at two Academy Sports stores in Plano, TX. What with inflation and everything it is all so much more expensive but at least one can buy it. For example I bought 9mm ammo at $.19 per round in 2019 from an online vendor. The 9mm ammo at Academy was selling for $.39 per round. Some online retail sells same ammo at $.28 per rd from AmmoSeek.com.

See photo.
    I typically buy online, but shipping costs usually take up any savings from buying at Academy directly.

Top Bottom