• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Is there a site that provides unbiased, fact based analysis about the Senate and ither statewide candidates?

I admit to a personal lack of familiarity with the candidates and dont see their individual campaign resources as being worthwhile.

A link or two would be appreciated
    Gun Zone Deals

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I've posted this before. Growing up, I never envisioned I'd ever be a "one issue" voter. However, over the last couple of decades I've come to notice I've kind of unknowingly and inadvertently developed a sort of "litmus test" concerning candidates for political office.

For better or worse, that 'litmus test' acts as a global filter in my consideration of a political candidate. I look foremost and primarily at their support of the Second Amendment. That's right, their position on the people's Right to bare arms can pretty much tell me which candidate is deserving of my vote.

Does that mean the political point(s) of view of that strong 2A candidate and my own views are 101% in alignment? No. Not at all. But what it does tell me, given the preponderance of our two Party system, is that his/her views on other topics of concern are, on balance, more likely to jive with my own views than a different candidate.

That is to say, I would generally find more objectionable points of views from a candidate who isn't a strong 2A supporter. As long as political viability (electability) resides primarily with just a two Party system, this litmus test works for me in "grading" political candidates.

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    When I got home (gone to sea for several weeks) the first thing I did was to look for a 'conservative' ballot guide. Then I realized that those are really only useful during primaries where I am voting for which Republican candidate will run against the Dems. Once the actual election is upon us I must vote Red even if my first choice of candidate got defeated by a Rhino .

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    That is to say, I would generally find more objectionable points of views from a candidate who isn't a strong 2A supporter. As long as political viability (electability) resides primarily with just a two Party system, this litmus test works for me in "grading" political candidates.
    I do it too but am afraid it will not always be a good test. It works until the demoncrats change their tune and start pushing pro-gun candidates who are repugnant on every other issue such as illegal aliens being welcome, partial birth abortion (which I think amounts to murder), welfare, Obummercare, and on and one. Likely to happen, who knows since the dems change their tune as often as every month just to stay in power as best they can or so it seems.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    In Italy during the late 1960s and early 1970s, they had about 27 different national political Parties. For the most part, you had the ability to sorta select a "custom molded" candidate. If you held a conservative point of view on Topic A and a liberal point of view on Topic B, and so on--- through all topics of national concern, there was a very good chance you could identify a candidate whose political Party platform mapped exactly to your own views on all the various topics. To me, it made for a real mess on the national political scene.

Coalition governments had to be formed. Politicians who were best buddies on some issues were fiercest enemies on other issues. Helluva way to run a country!

Many European countries run their national governments on this concept of a ruling coalition. Israel and even England hold these "no confidence" votes from time-to-time. Frequently these "ban-aided" together type governments don't survive their 'no confidence' votes. They dissolve the coalition and have to schedule a new election for the multiple Parties involved.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

IF you are headed out to vote, you will NOT go wrong (presuming that you are conservative & a gun-owner) by simply voting AGAINST EVER candidate with "DEM" after their name.

There are NO "old-school moderate democrats as candidates in 2020, ANYWHERE.

ONLY radical leftists are acceptable to the Texas & National DIMocRATS Party.

ALL of the DIM'S candidates are ANTI-2nd Amendment & agree with Bobbi Frances "Beto" O'Rourke on gun confiscation.
    FACT.

yours, satx

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It's a sad state of affairs, but really there isn't much choice in the general election. When I was a kid, some of the Democrats were more conservative than many of the RINOs today. Those guys are long gone. No matter what, protect that Second Amendment, because it's our last line of defense.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    It works until the demoncrats change their tune and start pushing pro-gun candidates...
    Yeah....I don't see that happening {ever}! There was a time for me growing up, the Democrats weren't nearly so "anti-gun". I don't necessarily think they were ever overtly "pro-gun" but at least they were apathetic about the issue as a minimum. And many a "normal" Democrat back in those days, hunted. Such is not the case nowadays.

They've adopted their strong "anti-gun" position as a fundamental plank in their Party platform. They may still like to try and associate guns with hunting {only} but when it comes to defending the Second Amendment, their true colors are shown. They see the Second Amendment as a collective right of a militia (i.e., the military and/or law enforcement) and not as a broader individual citizen's right. Their anti-gun position is at least as engrained in their Party platform as any of those others you mentioned, if not more so. And that's what makes it an ideal litmus test for me.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Big cities in Italy had 'vote communista' banners over the streets.
    Biggest problem is Texas judges, can't find much info on them at all. School board candidates about the same.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    popper, I agree. I recall seeing the Communist 'hammer & sickle' signs everywhere, especially in southern Italy. But even with them, it wasn't necessarily a cohesive unified Party. Even they had multiple factions espousing different leanings on various social issues.

The lack of information on Texas judges, I think, is very intentional (even though frustrating for me too). I suspect the public's desire to have judges be viewed as impartial and able to have a "balanced" approach toward case law is what keeps this information from being overly publicized. (Still seems their past judgements on various issues could be summarized and made more easily accessible by the public prior to a general election).

Tony Stark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Keller
    Yeah, pretty much agree. Over the years I've become a 2 issue voter: protect the 2nd amendment and being unabashedly anti-abortion (murder). Seeing how far left the Dems have gone (happily celebrating abortions, reparations, socialized medicine, legalizing drugs, etc.) there's really no reason for me to ever vote for a Dem.

Top Bottom