• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Wow, this went off-track in a hurry.

Back to the OP, taking the LTC class is a very good choice on your part. It's not about shooting the pistol. (The shooting test is so damned easy that you'd have to try to fail in order to do so.) The class has a lot of good information about the realities of using the pistol for your protection. Once you cover the legal aspects of a shooting, I think your perspective will be changed and that will - hopefully - prevent you from having a severe problem in the future. Choosing to carry a firearm means that you are adopting a responsibility to use it correctly and to remain within the law. You won't learn any of that from watching movies from Hollywood or from internet "experts".

Now, with respect to actually becoming adept with your pistol, nothing can replace regular practice. If you can, find someone who has good experience and let them work with you to polish up your technique. Pistol shooting takes time to perfect.

As a test to how easy the LTC shooting test is, 4 years ago, I took my legally blind (has slightly less than 20% vision) god-daughter to the range for her to go shooting for the first time. She easily passed.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Finally got the call today that they got the proceed and I went and picked up my lower. It’s was for an AR pistol. Only had an hour or so before work, so I threw a cheap red dot on the 10.5 upper I’m using and went up to the range. Pretty damn accurate from 25 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I’ve only recently purchased a handgun, so I want to get more proficient shooting before I take the class and apply for the license. But I may go ahead and just take the class now and get my fingerprints and application filed because I got delayed (again) purchasing an AR lower today. I know it won’t do nothing for me now, but I’m hoping it will make it a lot less complicated in the future. The last time I got delayed, they called me the next morning and it was already approved. It’s not a huge thing, but as soon as they say you’re delayed, my mind starts running away with thoughts of someone with my name being wanted and ATF showing up at my door!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You go boy..........get yur CCL

microxot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Corinth, Tx
    Do it now. No reason to wait. You will pass.

After getting the LTC Instructor's certificate, I assisted a few other instructors before I started teaching my classes. There were several times someone qualified and they just recently picked up a pistol.

Last edited:

microxot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Corinth, Tx
    Before you started shooting?

They took the class and after finishing the qualification, I asked a few questions from what I observed in the way they held the gun or their stance. I was told that this qualification shoot was the first time They shot a pistol. Their husbands wanted them to get their license.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom