• ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    With the influx of people into Texas, new construction of residences, apartments and business structures with no new power plants being built and the only new power generation really wind and solar there is going to be more issues with availability vs demand tightening in future

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    With the influx of people into Texas, new construction of residences, apartments and business structures with no new power plants being built and the only new power generation really wind and solar there is going to be more issues with availability vs demand tightening in future
    We're in a new apt building that opened last year. Within 1 mile there are 2 others. Within 3 miles 3 others are going up.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I did my part today. I generated enough solar to completely power my house and exported to the grid just about enough to power someone else's house as well.

Xnip2022-05-14_22-53-49.jpg

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    We're in a new apt building that opened last year. Within 1 mile there are 2 others. Within 3 miles 3 others are going up.
    Same situation here. There’s an older neighborhood I cut through on the way to work. Built in the 60s. They were $150k houses five or six years ago. Went through there for the first time after nearly 2 years work from home, and several were torn down with multiple houses with smaller footprint on them.

Im starting to see a lot of communities spring up with three story houses on them. Garage on the first floor with the living quarters above. The total footprint can’t be more than 25ft x 25ft and just enough room between the buildings to allow painting and other building maintenance. They have 4-6 of these units on the same amount of land that a typical house would be on. No yard to speak of and they are starting at $300k. It would be the start of a bad day to get to the garage at the ground level only to realize you forgot your keys in the third floor bedroom. Not my cup of tea, but there must be a market for that sort of thing.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom