1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    ERCOT can choke in a dick until more thermal baseload is brought online.
    ERCOT cannot force thermal baseload to be built. Not within their authority to force companies to build power plants. And ERCOT did not decide to use taxpayer subsidies to allow wind to produce when electricity market prices go negative, putting more thermal generators out of business.

Need to direct your anger in the proper direction.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What happens to the pool water?
    Evaporative cooling is what keeps the pool water cool. Just like the sweat on your skin. We're around 70 for overnight lows. That all night on top of breezy conditions cools the water quickly. Without heating the water, the pool would probably around 70-74degs. Which is fine and doable. But it'll still have ya sucking the boys up. 86degs seems to be the starting point of getting in and not experiencing discomfort. Chunky monkey likes it at 90:)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Evaporative cooling is what keeps the pool water cool. Just like the sweat on your skin. We're around 70 for overnight lows. That all night on top of breezy conditions cools the water quickly. Without heating the water, the pool would probably around 70-74degs. Which is fine and doable. But it'll still have ya sucking the boys up. 86degs seems to be the starting point of getting in and not experiencing discomfort. Chunky monkey likes it at 90:)

When I was about 10 we went to California for vacation. My cousin was stationed in Oceanside.

Stopped in Yuma, AZ to spend the night. My mom says it’s cool to swim so I dive in.

I coasted all the way to the other side and jumped out. It was like bathtub water, hot. I looked up at the sign, and it was 101 at 10pm.

That’s the most disappointed I had ever been at 10 years old.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was about 10 we went to California for vacation. My cousin was stationed in Oceanside.

Stopped in Yuma, AZ to spend the night. My mom says it’s cool to swim so I dive in.

I coasted all the way to the other side and jumped out. It was like bathtub water, hot. I looked up at the sign, and it was 101 at 10pm.

101! Yuck!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Was in Frisco many, many years ago as a kid. Went out for an early morning swim in the hotel pool. MERCY! I nearly walked on water, the pool was so cold. Took forever to catch my breath. And this was in June.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was in Frisco many, many years ago as a kid. Went out for an early morning swim in the hotel pool. MERCY! I nearly walked on water, the pool was so cold. Took forever to catch my breath. And this was in June.
    It hurts. I got in the pool in January and it was 40. Instant brain freeze!

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    So 6 power plants just happen to go off line at the same time? What causes a power plant to go off line?
    We used to refer to this as a coincidence; the industry called it “coordinated maintenance shutdowns” but the truth is more likely collusion by the electric producers cabal.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom