Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    My family and I are letting our NRA memberships lapse. We've already joined the GOA.

The downside to that is, the politicians still think the NRA is the voice of all gun owners, so they try not to do something that brings the supposed wrath of the NRA on them.

As Bloomberg and the left gathers money and takes on the NRA directly, they tend to ignore GOA and the ones doing the real fighting, so that's another plus.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'm glad to see them fighting the good fight, despite the odds.

Having read the appeal decision and the GOA motion, it’s an interesting legal strategy, to be sure.

I think the 10th Circuit decides to punt this case early on, so they sidestepped a lot of questions up front and took a very narrow reading of Heller since the defense brought it up.

I was not impressed by Kettler’s legal team and their arguments in the District and Circuit courts. Felt like amateur hour, with widely shifting arguments across the board, which is why I’m not expecting a lot out of this case.

Hopefully I’m as wrong as two boys kissing. Which is about as wrong as I can be.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I still have my NRA membership and my GOA Membership. The NRA may not represent all of the Gun Owners. The NRA tends to be the 900 lb gorilla in the room they do not want to be upset. Let's see what happens with this before we pop the champagne corks and celebrate. If the legal challenge fails then it will have to be challenged and eliminated through legislation.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I still have my NRA membership and my GOA Membership. The NRA may not represent all of the Gun Owners. The NRA tends to be the 900 lb gorilla in the room they do not want to be upset. Let's see what happens with this before we pop the champagne corks and celebrate. If the legal challenge fails then it will have to be challenged and eliminated through legislation.

The issue is that they're a 900lb gorilla that doesn't care to throw it's weight around. It'll give you one banana to keep another instead of just tearing your head off for touching it's shit. The NRA has the power, and they have the support. They just don't use it like they should because there's far too many fudds and anti gunners (not an exaggeration, there are enemies of the 2nd Amendment in the NRA) in the upper ranks. We need to take the NRA back and put them on the right track.

I love the NRA and everything they are supposed to represent, but there are some serious issues that need to be dealt with.

Now, I'm just waiting for Roger to come tell me how I'm in bed with Pelosi (eww), Feinstein (double eww), and their ilk for saying that, lol.

Last edited:

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    So explain to me how they are carrying the fight to Washington D.C. Have they abolished the NFA and GCA yet?

I am a member of both the GOA and NRA.

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    The gun grabbers have started changing tactics. They re shifting to do battle at the state levels in the state houses and Governors Office. Even the USSC will cut the states some leeway when it comes to Gun Control.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The gun grabbers have started changing tactics. They re shifting to do battle at the state levels in the state houses and Governors Office. Even the USSC will cut the states some leeway when it comes to Gun Control.
    Absolute truth right here. That is why it is especially important to let Speaker Bonnen know that he is a tool and will be remembered at primary time if he doesn’t get his shit together.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Went to 'coffee' with my us rep. Sat across from a bunch of mom demand action. What a bunch of airheads. One said she didn't want a teacher to shoot her kid by AD. Or a kid to get hold of the GUN. Another person (from Ca) believes in global warming. Another was ticked cause school funding would take money away from the band, and music teaches math! Yea, 1/4 notes! This state is in real trouble.

Top Bottom