• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    My take on GOA statement is;

“Don't let perfect be the enemy of good” is an aphorism that means striving for perfection can prevent people from implementing good improvements. It's often used to describe how people can get so caught up in making things perfect that they never get anything done. The phrase is commonly attributed to the French writer and activist Voltaire, and comes from the French proverb l'ennemi du bien est le bien.

The goal in November is to win the White House and even better both Houses of Congress. The party platform had become very bloated since 1980s with everyone special interest mentioned. So the party leaders made deliberate effort to piss everyone off and cut back on the language and issues. Beside nobody except political junkies pay any attention to a party platform. Its all too often about the POTUS candidates personality rather than policy action.

Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

Former president Donald Trump has the firm support of the NRA, but not all gun rights groups are thrilled with the direction things are going. It seems Gun Owners of America are fully prepared to turn their back on not just Trump, but the GOP as a whole.

A growing gun rights group is threatening to turn its back on former President Donald Trump and the Republican Party for leaving protections for firearm owners off the party platform.
    “Our stance is very simple,” Luis Valdes, national spokesman for Gun Owners of America, told the Washington Examiner. “We will not compromise, and we will be relentless in holding Republicans accountable to their campaign promises. Republicans campaign that they are pro-gun. We will hold their feet to the fire.”

And from the Truth about Guns blog.

While the Republican Party has taken most of the references to firearms out of its official Party Platform, a meeting hosted by the U.S. Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on Tuesday leaves little doubt that the GOP remains steadfastly pro-Second Amendment.

“Something that’s very important to us from a campaign standpoint and an issue standpoint is allowing law-abiding citizens the ability to carry their firearms and protect themselves and their families, and that’s an issue that will always be an important one for the Republican Party,” Chris LaCivita, Trump campaign senior adviser said at the USCCA gathering.

“I think what we’ll see is a continuation of supporting and defending the Second Amendment and where that really comes into play is the judiciary, the appointment of judges. And so that is clearly, you know, one of the largest impacts that President Trump had clearly during his first term was a remake of the judiciary.”

Attachments

• 2214711e-71fe-4d80-bd43-d5df9c262794-1052x615.jpg
      2214711e-71fe-4d80-bd43-d5df9c262794-1052x615.jpg
      97.1 KB · Views: 32

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

“SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!”

Doug, we have that caveat in Interventional Radiology & Neuroradiology.

And I think the French term should be “le meilleur’’ ?

Thanks for letting us know where it originated.

‘’Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice.’’. (Barry Goldwater)

<>

Last edited:

Miami_JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    FL
    My take on GOA statement is;

“Don't let perfect be the enemy of good” is an aphorism that means striving for perfection can prevent people from implementing good improvements. It's often used to describe how people can get so caught up in making things perfect that they never get anything done. The phrase is commonly attributed to the French writer and activist Voltaire, and comes from the French proverb l'ennemi du bien est le bien.

The goal in November is to win the White House and even better both Houses of Congress. The party platform had become very bloated since 1980s with everyone special interest mentioned. So the party leaders made deliberate effort to piss everyone off and cut back on the language and issues. Beside nobody except political junkies pay any attention to a party platform. Its all too often about the POTUS candidates personality rather than policy action.

Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

Former president Donald Trump has the firm support of the NRA, but not all gun rights groups are thrilled with the direction things are going. It seems Gun Owners of America are fully prepared to turn their back on not just Trump, but the GOP as a whole.

And from the Truth about Guns blog.

While the Republican Party has taken most of the references to firearms out of its official Party Platform, a meeting hosted by the U.S. Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on Tuesday leaves little doubt that the GOP remains steadfastly pro-Second Amendment.

“Something that’s very important to us from a campaign standpoint and an issue standpoint is allowing law-abiding citizens the ability to carry their firearms and protect themselves and their families, and that’s an issue that will always be an important one for the Republican Party,” Chris LaCivita, Trump campaign senior adviser said at the USCCA gathering.

“I think what we’ll see is a continuation of supporting and defending the Second Amendment and where that really comes into play is the judiciary, the appointment of judges. And so that is clearly, you know, one of the largest impacts that President Trump had clearly during his first term was a remake of the judiciary.”

“Our stance is very simple,” Luis Valdes, national spokesman for Gun Owners of America, told the Washington Examiner. “We will not compromise, and we will be relentless in holding Republicans accountable to their campaign promises. Republicans campaign that they are pro-gun. We will hold their feet to the fire.”
    That includes Trump for the GOP, Valdes said.

“[The GOP] platform for the last eight years was very solid, and for that to be all scrapped and thrown away is quite perplexing and foreboding for gun owners, especially because of the past history of the Trump administration,” he added.

Valdes faulted Trump for waffling on gun control, specifically pointing out that he praised Florida’s state legislature in March 2018 for passing gun-control measures. Valdes predicted Trump and the GOP’s snub to gun rights activists in the party platform could backfire.

“The Republican Party has forsaken one of the most die-hard bases of the party,” he said.

“We will continue holding any and all lawmakers accountable. It doesn’t matter if they are Republican or Democrat. GOA is not an organization that carries water for a political party. We are an organization that protects, defends, restores, and expands the Second Amendment. We don’t care if someone has an R or D next to them. We hold them the same,” GOA said.

Miami_JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    FL
    I've used the party platform as a tool to go after bad Republicans. By them gutting it, it politically disarms us.

In FL, when I was fighting to get permitless carry passed. The Republican lawmakers in Tallahassee were against it. So, I went after their pocket books. I went to county level parties to push the issue.

When the county level parties tried to balk, I read verbatim the national party platform's wording on them and the rules. The RPOF and the county level RECs must abide and follow the RNC's platform. Not doing so is a violation of the rules.

This got the county parties to pass resolutions supporting permitless carry. Which I then collected and gave them to the state lawmakers from those counties. I informed them that their supporters, support permitless carry.

If they continue to be against it, they will be violating the party's platform and can by the rules, be expelled.

You'd be surprised how that suddenly changed a few of 'em to supporting it.

A lawmaker campaigning as a Republican would look very bad, if they were expelled from the party.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

Err, we don’t need to ‘’expand’’ the 2A.

What we do need is for all courts, legislators, & bureaucrats to recognize and honor ‘’Shall NOT be infringed” !

Pretty damned simple.

leVieux

<>

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    The simple language in the RNC platform is an improvement...

Support of 2A is clearly stated in item #7 (of 20) if my memory serves me correctly

I see no reason for GOA to incite division with their rhetoric

Just my opinion, obviously

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Those who push division are usually in it for the MONEY.
    Now is NOT the time for this BULLSHIT. Now is the time to win the dammed election.
    After the election is the time to debate among ourselves.
    THOSE WHO ARE WORKING AGAINST WINNING ARE TOOLS OF THE OPPOSITION.

Top Bottom