• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    If they take the case, it will be a narrow ruling. I think it will be something like the suppressor is not a firearm and therefore can be regulated. But then again, if it isn't a firearm, then it shouldn't be in a firearms act.

Either way, it will be five black dresses against four.

I bet they leave most of the NFA alone.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Thanks for posting.

This will be a case to keep an eye on. No matter how, or if, it goes to SCOTUS

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I don't have particularly high hopes for it: I think the USC will do their very best to NOT hear the case, at all.

However, I will support any effort that seems like it's materially valid and has a reasonable -to me- shot at doing us all some good by pushing back on the NFA.

And in this case, I fully support both the Vets actions, and the reasoning behind the lawsuit.

After all, if the Justice Dept can overlook everything from marijuana laws to sanctuary cities, what laws are WE allowed to ignore?

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I don't think it will be overturned by the Supreme Court. It has already undergone tests in the courts and the objectionable stuff was changed. Haynes was heard in 1968 and this bought about title II of the CCA. Then the Firearm Owners Protection Act. There is some reasoning behind the Vets action. The USSC could even decline to hear it.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    If they take the case, it will be a narrow ruling. I think it will be something like the suppressor is not a firearm and therefore can be regulated. But then again, if it isn't a firearm, then it shouldn't be in a firearms act.

Either way, it will be five black dresses against four.

I bet they leave most of the NFA alone.
    I think you nailed it; its either going to be so slim in scope or so narrow, it won't change anything either way. I'll bet a donut (and a box of .22 toward teaching a youth to shoot) that NFA doesn't change towards our favor in our lifetime.

Top Bottom