• ...and so much more!
  • jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country
    Fri, February 4, 2011 5:21:50 PMMagazine Ban, Gun Show Ban and Even a Gun Ownership Ban...

From:Gun Owners of America <Gun_Owners_of_America@capwiz.mailmanager.net>
    Add to ContactsTo:

Magazine Ban, Gun Show Ban and Even a Gun Ownership Ban...
    Magazine Ban, Gun Show Ban and Even a Gun Ownership Ban...
    -- All this and more may come up in the Senate!

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
    http://gunowners.org

Friday, February 4, 2011

Since the Tucson tragedy, anti-gun Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) has been hovering like a vulture, waiting to pick the bones of the victims for political advantage.

Now he has his chance.

The same Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reauthorization which provided a vote on the repeal of ObamaCare may well be the vehicle for a series of gun control proposals.

Right now, no one knows which amendments will be offered. Democratic leaders like Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) are threatening to offer anti-gun amendments, and pro-gun Senators like Tom Coburn (R-OK) are considering amendments to protect gun rights.

Now, it's entirely possible that senators from both sides will simply retreat to their own corners. In fact, GOA's sources inside the Senate indicate that gun amendments to the FAA bill are unlikely at this point, but there's no way can we count on that -- and risk being caught unprepared.

There are three amendments which Lautenberg and Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) have been nursing since Tucson.

The first would limit semi-automatic magazines to 10 rounds, in a reprise of the Clinton ban.

The second would effectively shut down all gun shows. It would do this by sending any gun show promoter to prison for up to two years if a SINGLE attendee were not informed of his Brady Law obligations. No one would dare sponsor a gun show under these circumstances.

The third anti-gun amendment would allow the Obama administration to seize guns from anyone they choose to place on a "watch list." Millions and millions of pro-gun supporters could find their names on an ObamaList with no due process -- and no way to get their names removed. Please note that this administration has already advised law enforcement to treat supporters of the Constitution and gun rights as possible domestic terrorists!

ACTION: Contact your two senators. Ask them to support any pro-gun amendments, and definitely insist they vote against the Lautenberg/Durbin amendments to ban semi-automatic magazines, shut down gun shows, and create a "no guns list" of Second Amendment activists. You can click on the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center to send your senators a pre-written message.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    i could just see the Headlines now..... "after the first day the Gun Siezure ban had begun to be implemented and carried out, 1000's of homes all linked to a certain gun forum ALL had numerous bodies piled up outside as the Nato forces tried to enter and sieze the home owners guns".........

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    We should ALL list our addresses in our profile.

BUT

We should all use the same address... something like the Democrat Party Headquarters in Austin.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Senator Lautenberg of New Jersey has a bad history of bad legislation.

Under the Lautenberg amendment, any Soldier, Airman, Sailor, or Marine, either accused of, or found guilty of domestic violence has to be disarmed.

That rendered them unfit for military service, no matter how well trained they were in the art of combat.

The "Lautenberg" amendment removed the "presumption of innocence" from thousands of men and women in uniform, even though the Uniform Code of Military Justice already covered matters of misconduct.

It was just another effort by leftists to undercut military justice by leftists that hate the armed forces.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    i could just see the Headlines now..... "after the first day the Gun Siezure ban had begun to be implemented and carried out, 1000's of homes all linked to a certain gun forum ALL had numerous bodies piled up outside as the Nato forces tried to enter and sieze the home owners guns".........
    You mean the "blue helmet" forces

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You mean the "blue helmet" forces

uninvolved.jpg

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    texas skeeter:
    i could just see the Headlines now..... "after the first day the Gun Siezure ban had begun to be implemented and carried out, 1000's of homes all linked to a certain gun forum ALL had numerous bodies piled up outside as the Nato forces tried to enter and sieze the home owners guns"........

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Maybe after this, we should be writing our Congress about attaching amendments which have nothing to do with bills they are being attached to. Sometimes I wonder about our Congress and what they are actually getting away with.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I once sent in some money to GOA for a card. Since then I get a lot of stuff from them, some good, some bad, and some just plain weird.

I don't doubt that they do good things but they do get somewhat carried away.

Right now I think Obummer has a lot on his plate and he's not equipped to eat it all.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    We should ALL list our addresses in our profile.

BUT

We should all use the same address... something like the Democrat Party Headquarters in Austin.

HAH!

i'll be seeing you guys aroudn the compound.
    ;)

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Hey Skeet!

I'm catching up with you buddy!

Ordered and received 1,000 rounds of 62gr green tips about two weeks ago, and added another 10 30-rnd mags to the collection.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    triggermike11
    Top Bottom