• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I received the following form letter reply from Congressman Luttrell today.

Dear Mr. Smith,

Let me begin by thanking you for contacting me regarding your concerns about the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). I certainly value your input and welcome all comments and concerns, as this allows me the ability to stay informed of and thoroughly understand the issues most important to the constituents of the Eighth Congressional District of Texas.

On January 13, 2023, the ATF posted a final rule creating a federal registry for firearms with stabilizing braces. This is despite the fact that in 2012 the ATF recognized that stabilizing braces serve a legitimate function, and the inclusion of a stabilizing brace on a firearm did not automatically subject that firearm to the provisions of the National Firearms Act. The ATF’s recent action is just another example of the Biden Administration’s repeated attempts at keeping firearms out of law-abiding citizens’ hands.

This rule will hurt thousands of law-abiding, gun-owning disabled veterans. As a disabled veteran myself, I understand that the use of stabilizing braces allows disabled veterans to enjoy recreational shooting. In fact, these braces were first designed and intended to help disabled veterans fire large format pistols. This is a severely misguided action by the Administration and House Republicans are working on legislative actions to ensure the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens are protected.

Several pieces of legislation have been introduced in response to the ATF’s recent action. This includes H.R. 646, the Stop Harassing Owners of Rifles Today (SHORT) Act, which was introduced by Representative Andrew Clyde of Georgia. This legislation will repeal elements of the National Firearms Act that the ATF used to justify its unconstitutional registry of pistol brace firearms. Please be assured I will keep your concerns in mind as this legislation, and other legislation regarding this issue, is considered in the House of Representatives.

Again, I appreciate you expressing your opinion and sharing your thoughts on this topic. To better serve the hardworking people of the Eighth Congressional District, it is critical that I continue to hear from constituents like yourself. Please note that I invite you to stay informed on what I am doing in Congress. I’ve provided a few ways to do this and encourage you to sign up for my newsletter here, Facebook here, Twitter here, Instagram here, or visit my website at Luttrell.House.Gov.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom