Lynx Defense

Glocks may be perfection but they arent a fraking commodity.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Are they in stock? Because their website say they aren't. View attachment 223669 View attachment 223669
    I don't know how to post a picture like you did, but I am looking right now and the one I'm I'm looking at does not come up "out of stock" but a button that says "add to cart" on it.

Says "in stock" on that page. And it has the ameriglo sights.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Also between now and November you can qualify for blue label pricing if you have a DD-214 and honorably discharged. That is how I qualify. They offer this every year too.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I don't know how to post a picture like you did, but I am looking right now and the one I'm I'm looking at does not come up "out of stock" but a button that says "add to cart" on it.

Says "in stock" on that page. And it has the ameriglo sights.
    Strange. I can't find that one on their site except when I use the link you posted. You don't happen to see a G40 on there by chance? I dont think those qualify for blue label, but I'd be all other one if they did.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Strange. I can't find that one on their site except when I use the link you posted. You don't happen to see a G40 on there by chance? I dont think those qualify for blue label, but I'd be all other one if they did.
    I will check and post back as soon as I have a chance to look it over.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    OK they don't even have a model on the site called a Glock 40. Do you mean a 40 caliber that might be a Glock 22 ? Those are 40 caliber guns.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I didnt either, but I appreciate you looking. I may have to just pony up for one. It would have been cool to get one through the blue label program though.
    OK, found it !

It is listed on blue label program at $567.50 with a "modular optics system"...whatever that is.

But it is "out of stock" but on the site I'm listing below, there is theoretically a button you can hit and list your e-mail to be notified when they are back in stock ! Good luck with that, hahaha!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    OK, found it !

It is listed on blue label program at $567.50 with a "modular optics system"...whatever that is.

But it is "out of stock" but on the site I'm listing below, there is theoretically a button you can hit and list your e-mail to be notified when they are back in stock ! Good luck with that, hahaha!

Cool! Thanks! MOS is a mounting surface for a red dot/reflex type site.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    What's a Franken-ar?

If you look at nearly any gun these days, they're just an assembly of parts. Most have Magpul furniture...the same stuff you'd buy yourself. (or Luth-AR or Rogers or Hogue or basic M4 buttstock)
    An Aero receiver and furniture...same stuff Aero would sell in completed uppers and lowers.
    BCG is VERY rarely made by the company whose name is on it or whose gun it's in.
    Very few companies make barrels.
    Most uppers come from one of a few forges, probably names you never heard of, but all of the "non-Franken guns" use the same few parts. They might have various levels of finish and QC, but they all start the same.
    Even some lower "makers" have others make their receivers and get marking variances to put their name on it. Aero does this for people as does a few others who I can't remember now.

I'd say if you like the list of parts, it's okay. It does feel like a hatchet job until you realize the big gun companies really are just doing the same thing and then adding their name for $300.

Ironically, I just had a guy come in and ask me to put his upper together. He gave me a sob story about how much money he's spent already on this build because he keeps getting the wrong parts. He's paid us once to assemble his upper. So today he says "man, is there anyway you can give me a break. I'm so deep in this build already. I'm throwing myself on your mercy." I respond, "so where'd you get this barrel? (GFLA) What about this handguard? (From Aero) And this gas block? (online, you guys were out at the time) and the upper? (online). Well, did you ask these guys for discounts? They're the ones making all the all money. Discount? I should charge you double since I can't make anything on the product." WHAT THE F? It's like the guy who has never been in the store and asks for a donation for his kids baseball team. "We love guns. Do you want to support our local team?" "What kind of guns do you like?" "Oh man. We just built and AR. We have several Glocks. I should get my new thermal scope in any day now!" "So where's that coming from?" "The guns? I usually get them from Gunbroker or maybe Palmetto if they have a deal. But I got the thermal from Optics Planet." ...so why the hell are you here asking me for money? Ask the people who you spend money with. You just rattled off about $5000 you spent somewhere else. It's every single day at every single LGS. And, to the original point, if the LGS is charging (I mean asking) $700 for a used Glock, that's probably because it's their rare chance to have something in stock and for less than PSA, Buds, etc.
    Love the passion A. I remember a few phone conversations when you had the same passion. Hope business is well and the distributors are keeping your shelves full.

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    I'll throw y'all a proverbial wrench in the works...

Hypothetically speaking, of course, if a cop personally has enough training and duty ammo to "share" with some co-workers (those not "into" guns and flat don't have enough ammo to qualify, let alone train), does this cop...

A. Oblige with ammo bought at pre-pandemic prices "for the greater good".

B. Supply at current market value (~.60 & .80 per round), but depleting supply.

C. Offer at minimum ~.75 & 1.00 per round (or more, for an extra healthy ROI), but risk the "not a team player" price gouging accusations.

Or

D. Tell the really desperate ones that every round will be hoarded, because if they're too cheap, lazy, or aren't committed to have AT LEAST 1000 training and 100 duty rounds on-hand, the heck with 'em!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom