View attachment 360273
    The other way

IMG_0446.JPG

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    So pics of said 1911 or at least some deets?
    I’ve been carrying a 1911 for the last 18 months it definitely takes some planning with attire and support setup.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Used an ALS, two spare WC mags in my pocket in an uncle mike no4 pocket holster and one in the gun. Covered it with a quilted denim shirt.

The two factory mags came with it. I’m trying to pick some leather to carry it in. ALS is ok for the Kimber but the government needs to ride in leather

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Ain’t she fine? Put 50 rounds of Rosie’s Low Velocity Tap/Rack/Squib through her on the way home, going to put a couple boxes of 185gr Critical down range tomorrow, and if no hiccups, here’s my EDC.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is, alas, with much trepidation that I give another breath of air to my smoldering dumpster fire of a thread… I wished merely to express the joy of ownership, broadened horizons, and fresh insights. I probably should’ve just rolled my window down at a red light and paid the nearest homeless guy $5 to listen to my nonsense, but the moment is gone.

I’m a huge fan of Glock. The only one I’ve never owned is the G18. The only model other than the 18 I don’t own right now is the G29. I’ve carried the 17 and 22 on duty. Reliable as the sunrise. And if there is beauty in reliability, then a Glock is beautiful, like an A-10 rolling in on a bad guy is beautiful.

So never fear, I’m not selling the Glocks. I carried my G32 today.

But man… You just gotta appreciate the lines of a government, the look of a nickel or a color case hardened 1911… The history and the benchmarks JMB set. You have to appreciate a design that is still effective and popular after over 100 years, even if you prefer another more modern design.

You are my people. Carry early and often. Keep your skull bone out yer donut and your digits in the right place and everyting gwan be irie.
    >
    Being older, another GLOCK advantage is common magazines & ammo for different pistols & carbines when traveling. The 9mm 15 round double stacks fit G19, G26, Ruger PCC, & the KelTec sub2000. I never wanted a G17.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the Glockophiles and their better half Glock is coming out with a new pistol G47 after the Shot Show Jan 2023. James from TFTB TV YouTube channel has the details on this one to four pistols. Also at end of his review is mention of the Holosun SCS green dot sight. For those wanting to reduce their carbon footprint :facepalm::roflfunny:the sight is solar powered. Which may not be a bad thing considering what steps I went through recently to replace the battery and thread lock down the screws on a Glock 43X MOS.

Yawn . . . . . . “They all look alike to me!”

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    A few years ago an acquaintance of mine went to the range with me, all the time telling me how familiar with the 1911 he was, how he spent years in SOG in Viet Nam, he was an expert,... We were on the range only about 5 minutes before he had to clear the 3rd or 4th problem with it and he almost shot me in the knee. Probably not a gun problem, it was operator error. Or excessive headspace as it has been put. But it's a beautiful gun.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom