• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    You don't have to like Glock pistols but if you can beg borrow (but don't steal) or own one the 2023 schedule is now on line.

There will three matches in TX; March, October and December. For those close to border states OK and LA will also be hosting matches.

Or take a vacation to one of the locations. In the last century SHE who cashes my retirement check and I traveled to MN. She went to the Mall of America to spend my $$$$ and I went to the match for the day. Not bad way to spend some quality vacation time.

p.s. Pistols, cash and merch are prizes for Division winners. Volunteers for the Glock match at Dallas Pistol Club in Oct 2022 had a chance to win a pistol for free. Seven were awarded at the match.

Attachments

• glock-1.jpg
      glock-1.jpg
      11.4 KB · Views: 51
    • g2.jpg
      g2.jpg
      11.1 KB · Views: 51
    • g-5.jpg
      g-5.jpg
      14.4 KB · Views: 50

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Looks interesting, what are the rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for asking so a Glock fan boy since the 1990s can encourage you and other forum members to go to a match. You can get the rules here.

In brief;
    • The match is time plus over three stages. Time added to raw time based on location of hits on target
    • Only Glock pistols allowed. No limit on number of guns used. I have seen several shooters with many guns (8-9) and shoot in multiple divisions
    • Current membership in Sport Foundation required for all matches. Separate fee for each gun you want to shoot.
    • Match usually held over Sat/Sun during posted hours. You can arrive anytime and shoot stages in any order.
    • All shooting done from static position and from low ready. No holster needed. Glock uses matches as a marketing venue for new/novice shooters so a very safe and basic shooting experience.
    • There are some very competitive shooters at every match who travel to matches around the country. Top shooters win guns and/or cash.
    • Check with match director if you might be a volunteer. Seven volunteers at the Dallas Pistol Club's Glock Oct 2022 match got a free pistol as a door prize. You don't have to like or own Glock pistol to be a volunteer, just saying.
    • Check with club hosting match as they might put on a practice Glock match. Dallas Pistol Club holds one first Sat in month of official match.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The matches are fun. My group of 3-5 has won 30 guns and over $5000 cash in last two years. We hit about 8-10 matches a year.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    You don't have to like Glock pistols but if you can beg borrow (but don't steal) or own one the 2023 schedule is now on line.

There will three matches in TX; March, October and December. For those close to border states OK and LA will also be hosting matches.

Or take a vacation to one of the locations. In the last century SHE who cashes my retirement check and I traveled to MN. She went to the Mall of America to spend my $$$$ and I went to the match for the day. Not bad way to spend some quality vacation time.

p.s. Pistols, cash and merch are prizes for Division winners. Volunteers for the Glock match at Dallas Pistol Club in Oct 2022 had a chance to win a pistol for free. Seven were awarded at the match.
    And let's not overlook our neighbors to the northeast, AR will have one match this year.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    GSSF utilizes an Open Squadding System. This allows you to arrive at any time, within registration hours, but benefits those who arrive earlier.

Now that you have signed in at all three stages, you may want to watch a few shooters or go get your equipment ready.

Once you are ready to shoot, go back to the stage you want to start on, find where you signed in the Squadding Book and put an "X" by your name. This tells the Squadding RO that you are going to wait there for the ROs to get you in the shooting order. When your name is called, you will give them one of your labels and they will put it on a score sheet and add it to the squadding tree. Make sure you give them the correct label for the stage and for the division you want to shoot. If you have multiple entries, you are able to shoot up to 3 back to back if you have your magazines loaded and ready to go.

Top Bottom