• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I managed to get it on. You do have to pull the trigger but then it hits a stop. You have to pull so hard it feels like it would bend or break something. Maybe I should have bought Smith and Wesson! LOL
    Maybe YOU may have had to pull the trigger to assemble a Glock 19 but I have always followed their instructions and never had to do so to assemble one. Now, disassembly is another story.
    Lynx Defense

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Maybe YOU may have had to pull the trigger to assemble a Glock 19 but I have always followed their instructions and never had to do so to assemble one. Now, disassembly is another story.
    Because your trigger was already pulled when you disassembled it.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I had a few friends who loved the 10 mm's little retarded brother, aka 40 short and weak. They would go to the Midland Shooter's Association range and spend an hour picking up brass off the ground, and then spend 3 days sorting through it all and throwing out the 40 brass that had the little belly bulge while bitching about Glock owners.

The second pistol I ever bought was a police trade in Gen 3 Glock 22. I had no idea about the bulged cases, or about supported vs unsupported chambers until I got on Glocktalk and discovered it was a "thing"

I liked the .40 a lot more when I was a newer shooter, before I bought a Glock 21 (and many other .45s thereafter) and continued also shooting 9mm. I even dabbled in the .40's drunken-one-night-stand with the 9mm - the .357Sig. That was a short lived experiment.

When I learned about the case bulges, I started inspecting my .40 brass and discovered most had a beer belly on them. The last .40 I owned was a Gen 3 G22, and I want to say it was a later production, because it had a lot more chamber support and wasn't a brass bulger.

I had an FNP-40 DAO for about a month - I just hated the way that gun shot, in part due to the overly heavy DAO trigger and the weird recoil impulse, even for a forty. I don't recall it being a brass bulger, nor was the Walther P99 I had in .40.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    10mm Kaboom in a Nighthawk earlier this month.

8190eb1bd920e1392ee965dba811c5bc.jpg

Not impressive at all.

I never said I was perfect. Unlike 10mm of course. :D

I used to poke fun at the 10 mm. Back before I actually owned one.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    10mm Kaboom in a Nighthawk earlier this month
    At least the majority of the firearm stayed intact. You can always get new grips. That Glock kaboom may have cost some fingers or eyes.
    In the Glock kaboom I saw, the guy had all of his fingers but the meat on his right hand was pretty chewed up. He wouldn't be picking his nose with that hand for awhile.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    I've removed the slide now multiple times just like the manual says. But once I get to the point in my pic where it's less than an inch on it seems to jam. But if I pull hard enough it goes on and works perfectly.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    All you had to do was pull down slightly on the slide lock lever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gave that a try but did not help. Also tried holding down the slide lock lever and slide lock at the same time. It still takes force to get it past that last short distance.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Gave that a try but did not help. Also tried holding down the slide lock lever and slide lock at the same time. It still takes force to get it past that last short distance.

Slide lock lever wasn’t what I meant to say. The slide lock that you pull down to remove the slide is what I was referring to. All of my Glocks that have after market barrels have to do this presumably due to tighter lockup.

I don’t see what pulling the trigger would do to make it easier.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Slide lock lever wasn’t what I meant to say. The slide lock that you pull down to remove the slide is what I was referring to. All of my Glocks that have after market barrels have to do this presumably due to tighter lockup.

I don’t see what pulling the trigger would do to make it easier.

You are correct! Holding the slide lock, not the slide lock lever down does allow it to go back on easy. When I tried it holding both down apparently I really didn't have the slide lock all the way down. Thanks!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom