• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    McConnell is not perfect. But give credit where credit is due. He has done an outstanding job pushing judicial appointments through.

All kinds of this. McConnell, when it comes to the Judicial Branch, is a freaking rock star who belongs in the Senate "Big Brass Pair" Hall of Fame.
    Obama's nominee, Merrick Garland, and McConnell says, "Nope, because I say so." The whole world knew Hitlery was going to win the election, but McConnell said, "No soup for you until you get the Senate, too"

And the rest is history. Because of McConnell, Trump has
    • nominated and had confirmed, two Supreme Court justices, 44 Circuit Court judges, and 112 District Court judges.
    • appointed more circuit judges by this point in his presidency than any president in recent history.
    • Approximately 1 out of every 4 active judges on United States Courts of Appeals has been appointed by President Trump.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    B53D777E-D0A9-4EB9-9052-C14D8FD96CB9.gif

Attachments

• B53D777E-D0A9-4EB9-9052-C14D8FD96CB9.gif
      B53D777E-D0A9-4EB9-9052-C14D8FD96CB9.gif
      432.6 KB · Views: 307

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Yes.....it is only a matter of time now.....especially considering that her current liver cancer plaques are simply a malignant spread of her previously treated pancreatic cancer or lung cancer. She is no longer in "remission" and the grim reaper is calling.........

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Even if it's the End, it's really close to being too late. Everyone knows when it comes to seating Justices that Mitch is The Man, but I don't know if even SuperMitch can get it done this fast.

Maybe if she retires really, really soon, and the candidate doesn't cause a larger crapstorm than normal, but otherwise, probably not.

The problem is that key Republicans like Collins in Maine are in real dogfights for re-election, and they will not vote for any SCOTUS nominee that risks their re-election campaigns, so I'm thinking, e.g., Collins will vote against Amy Barett at this time, maybe some other Rs, too. So if Trump nominates Barett, which makes a ton of sense (replace a legendary female Justice with another female) politically, I don't think it'll happen in time. If Trump nominates Willett or someone less controversial, it could probably go through if RBG retires really, really soon.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Even if it's the End, it's really close to being too late. Everyone knows when it comes to seating Justices that Mitch is The Man, but I don't know if even SuperMitch can get it done this fast.

Maybe if she retires really, really soon, and the candidate doesn't cause a larger crapstorm than normal, but otherwise, probably not.

The problem is that key Republicans like Collins in Maine are in real dogfights for re-election, and they will not vote for any SCOTUS nominee that risks their re-election campaigns, so I'm thinking, e.g., Collins will vote against Amy Barett at this time, maybe some other Rs, too. So if Trump nominates Barett, which makes a ton of sense (replace a legendary female Justice with another female) politically, I don't think it'll happen in time. If Trump nominates Willett or someone less controversial, it could probably go through if RBG retires really, really soon.
    Let's just keep the Dems out of the WH and then we don't have to worry about the length of the fight.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The common drum beat is NO SCOTUS APPOINTMENTS DURING AN ELECTION YEAR.

obama was blocked when Antonin Scalia died in February 2016.
    I'm sure all the dems will remember this!!!!!!!!!!(even though it was obama's last term in office)

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Cancer just remains in remission or spreads. RGB is a permanent member of SCOTUS, stuffed with straw and a mike/loudspeaker for a heart. We couldn't 'prove' her latest 'votes' were really placed by her or her staff.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Let's just keep the Dems out of the WH and then we don't have to worry about the length of the fight.

Re-electing Trump is half the fight -- we still need to control the Senate, otherwise we can't seat the judges and Justices we need to put the "justice" back in the Justice System.

The common drum beat is NO SCOTUS APPOINTMENTS DURING AN ELECTION YEAR.

Yeah, that's the BS that McConnell fed them, and they were forced to swallow it because we controlled the Senate. Since we still control the Senate, that drum will get beaten by the Dems, but we will ignore it completely :)

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    She is going to hold on life support unilt trump leaves office or is voted out.

I even pray at night fo rall my favorites "God first you took Randy Rhoads and he was my favorite guitar player, Then you took Farah Fawsett and she was my favorite actress. God. Are you paying attention? Justice Gingsburg is my favorite justice followed by roberts"

Just kidding but it was a good joke when I saw it.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    She is going to hold on life support unilt trump leaves office or is voted out.

I even pray at night fo rall my favorites "God first you took Randy Rhoads and he was my favorite guitar player, Then you took Farah Fawsett and she was my favorite actress. God. Are you paying attention? Justice Gingsburg is my favorite justice followed by roberts"

Just kidding but it was a good joke when I saw it.

That's hilarious!

Top Bottom