• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    i purchased two GI mags about a month ago and finally got around to using them. ove noticed that the follower is anything but smooth while loading and will get stuck if they are put in any type of position. then while firring, the mag will catch the bolt back but then ill have the last round just chillin ontop of the mag. sometimes when the last round does chamber, the mag wont catch the bolt when empty. any ideas on how to fix em or should i get new followers?
    Texas SOT

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Don't know if you can - but if you can remove the base plate and pull the spring and follower out of the tube. Take some 400 grit sandpaper wrap around a flat bar or flat stick of wood - that will fit inside of the empty mag I use tape at the "handle end to secure the sandpaper" then just polish the entire inside of the mag, clean it - and reassemble, it's a cheap trick and may work for you.
    And make sure the follower has no burs or rough spots - the same tool will slick the follower up as well.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Just take them out and replace them with the magpul anti tilt followers I put them in all my mags and never have had a problem. I think they are 9 bucks for 3

Top Bottom