Ghaza at Texas Gun Traders is a Fraud

Axxe55

Just me and the dog.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Anytime there is a crisis, or just a perceived crisis, profiteers and crooks come along to make a quick buck. Look at all the fly by night and shady repair companies that "magically" appear after a natural disaster. These crooks prey on people. Those advertising the great deals on Texas Gun Trader are not any different.

Buyer Beware. Do you homework, and use some common sense.

rotor

Well-Known
Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
Nobody is live at texasguntrader. I don't know their business model but they never answer emails and seem to all function as a robot. On the other hand, I have bought a few guns locally through them with good sales. Face to face is important, always someone with you that is armed, never someone that just became a member yesterday.
There are rarely sales near where I live and their zipcode search is always down.
Armslist has gone to subscription and is worthless.

wbblazer90

Nov 18, 2014
Tgt has more traffic and hence scams than armslist now that armslist is not free. I haven’t used armslist since the fee for service began. I suspect a lot of people haven’t.

Here is a classic scam ad on tgt

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Mar 24, 2021
Texas
Anytime there is a crisis, or just a perceived crisis, profiteers and crooks come along to make a quick buck. Look at all the fly by night and shady repair companies that "magically" appear after a natural disaster. These crooks prey on people. Those advertising the great deals on Texas Gun Trader are not any different.

Buyer Beware. Do you homework, and use some common sense.
That's what Stockey's was making me feel like!

Mohawk600

Well-Known
Mar 31, 2018
Austin
I have made a bunch (maybe a dozen give or take) of buys on TGT and one sale. I have had great luck and met some straight up people. You just have to meet FTF.....that is the key. That's the way the site is designed to work.

Grumps21

Apr 28, 2021
Houston
That’s the problem with free classifieds. It’s easy scam if there’s nothing to lose. As much as I like “free”, I wouldn't mind a site that has cheap pay listings instead. Say, $1 per listing. Not enough to impact serious sellers but enough to deter the free for nothing crowd. I think that once there is skin in the game, the scammers go away

wbblazer90

Nov 18, 2014
That’s the problem with free classifieds. It’s easy scam if there’s nothing to lose. As much as I like “free”, I wouldn't mind a site that has cheap pay listings instead. Say, $1 per listing. Not enough to impact serious sellers but enough to deter the free for nothing crowd. I think that once there is skin in the game, the scammers go away
Armslist is no longer free and that place is still full of scams. A friend just sent me a link to one to verify. Best thing to do is ftf cash.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads