• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Today I used for the first time the All American Pressure Canner. I purchased this last year, but never tried it out, simply because I did not have any produce to can that needed a pressure canner. Today was 4 pints of yellow beans and 4 pints of spinach/kale combo. This is a learning experience for me to gain competence with new equipment to expand my storage options. I do not want to depend on freezing garden produce.
    Texas SOT

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Being able to pressure can squash, zucchini, beans, cowpeas, okra, and other items for "room temperature" storage is an ideal to strive for. I would like to be able to preserve meats, soups, and other prepared meals for convenience.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We picked one up this year to go with the bigger garden. Not that brand I don’t think (don’t even know who made it)

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I picked one up at a garage sale 4 years ago just to can salmon. Works great and have used it for soups and other stuff. Some things like tomatoes and Jalapenos only need a water bath

Quimico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2022
    Sugar Land
    I have an all American and I love it. I mostly pressure can stews, pot roast, stuff like that for quick meals. With meats you just have to be careful, same as with low acid foods. Get a Ball canning guide and spruce up everything to your taste! Spices and Knorr bullion are your friends, that way your don't end up with a bland canned soup or some boring veggies! Oh, don't forget to use a little oil on the seating surface!

Top Bottom