• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    I purchased my first Colt AR (an SP-1) in the early '80's and it was less than $300 out the door, the dealer discounted them in order to sell them, the Colt rep forced him to take x number of the AR's in order to get Colt revolvers and 1911's, because no one wanted AR's during that era

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I remember when primers were .69 cents a hundred back in 1975. I was in high school and had to buy them by the hundred because I couldn't afford a thousand at time back then
    besides I only had about 150 rounds of .38 brass to reload back then
    Got me beat. When I started, a hunnerd was 98 cents. A sleeve of 1000 was 7 dollars.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    115 gr 9mm FMJ
    IMG_5519.JPG

Reactions: MTA

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Aww man, that sucks. Makes you wish you worked for Philly or Detroit sometimes.;) j/k. Still sucks though. No chance of that one making it to GT?
    No, it was a goner, but I always encourage folks to take them to a dealer or sell them on their own and explain how simple it is and how it would let someone else enjoy the item, but sadly she was set on us "deciding what should be done with them" I told her "there is no deciding they will be destroyed" she said "well, OK then" smh

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I remember when primers were .69 cents a hundred back in 1975. I was in high school and had to buy them by the hundred because I couldn't afford a thousand at time back then
    besides I only had about 150 rounds of .38 brass to reload back then

Just saw an article from 1965 about the Colt AR-15 being available for civilians for $189.

That would be about $1,600 in today's dollars.

People think inflation don't be like it is but it do.

Yep, things back then cost more than people realize. $0.69 per 100 sounds like an unbelievable deal today, but $0.69 in 1975 is equivalent to $4.84 today.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Yep, things back then cost more than people realize. $0.69 per 100 sounds like an unbelievable deal today, but $0.69 in 1975 is equivalent to $4.84 today.

The most outrageous thing I've seen in this post is Bozz's $5.96 for a box of 9mm in 2001. That has definitely NOT kept up with the price of inflation, even before this latest panic.

Of course now Natchez has $300 cases of 9mm flying off the shelves. This is really depressing.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Geez, some of yall have some old stuff.
    Really...its been 35-40 years & you still havent used it. Yall need to get it pressed or sell it off... some of yall dont have enough years left to shoot it all :laughing:
    No shit, they will kick off their mortal coil and their heirs will find that and not know what it is

Top Bottom