• 1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Generator ordered. Apparently I need a heavy gauge extension cord for the refrigerator. Suggestions? Im thinking I'll get one specifically for the fridge and another for everything else.

Thanks again
    When I order my gen. from Home Depot I also ordered a 25 ft. 10 gauge 3 receptacle ex. cord. Concerned mainly for fridge and freezer.
    Hurley's Gold

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Generator ordered. Apparently I need a heavy gauge extension cord for the refrigerator. Suggestions? Im thinking I'll get one specifically for the fridge and another for everything else.

Thanks again
    Agree on heavy duty for the fridge. Doesn't cost that much more.

I picked up several long, heavy duty extension cords when I bought a generator.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I had the Generac inverter generator during the freeze
    It's a 2000 watt unit
    Kept it stored with aviation gas ..so no ethanol
    I got it out during the freeze and it started kn 12 degree Temps in my garage
    It was plenty for us to make coffe..charge phones , some LED lights and run the fridge
    I could not be happier with how it preformed when I needed it

good call on the avgas, I use Stabil but will get a 5 gal can of avg asasp.

With Avgas, what is the expected shelf life in a sealed metal gas can? I am using Stabil now but like this idea for sure.

While AvGas is a great option and alternative fuel source, one of the problems that arises is availability to those outside the aviation industry. A lot of airport facilities started not selling AvGas to those not pilots or in the aviation field in some manner.

Also as times and regulations change, AvGas might not be the greatest alternative it once was. Much of it has moved towards becoming lead-free, and even ethanol based fuels to meet tighter restrictions being imposed.

PracticalCarry

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Cedar Park, Tx
    While AvGas is a great option and alternative fuel source, one of the problems that arises is availability to those outside the aviation industry. A lot of airport facilities started not selling AvGas to those not pilots or in the aviation field in some manner.

Also as times and regulations change, AvGas might not be the greatest alternative it once was. Much of it has moved towards becoming lead-free, and even ethanol based fuels to meet tighter restrictions being imposed.
    I've got myself one of these things - may be able to sneak into the FBO to get a can or two!
    JohnNewLogbook.jpg

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Is avgas (pretty high lead content) safe to use in a modern engine? I know you can’t use it with catalytic converters or oxygen sensors but specifically a modern gas engine.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    With Avgas, what is the expected shelf life in a sealed metal gas can? I am using Stabil now but like this idea for sure.

Or remove the cover from the pull-start mechanism and use a drill to crank the motor

(Keep your finger on the trigger as you pull the drill off…if you don’t, the drill will lockup and it’s gonna start spinning…and you’re gonna have a bad day)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

I don’t know a pilot who would trust his life to ethanol gas in his private plane.
    They did approve the use of ethanol stock to make some jet fuel.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I don’t know a pilot who would trust his life to ethanol gas in his private plane.
    I wouldn't either. I don't even like using it in small-engine yard equipment.

Seems it has some very limited applications currently, but I suspect it may be possible more ethanol-based fuels may be used in the coming future.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Peterson stc requires checking mogas to make sure it is ethanol free. One of the worst political moves ever was adding ethanol to gasoline. Ethanol is for drinking not gasoline.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Peterson stc requires checking mogas to make sure it is ethanol free. One of the worst political moves ever was adding ethanol to gasoline. Ethanol is for drinking not gasoline.
    Ethanol was a solution to a problem that didn't exist. Worst additive for engine fuel ever dreamed up.

Plus factor in all the corn produced to manufacture ethanol gasoline, and think of all the people that corn could feed.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Ethanol was a solution to a problem that didn't exist. Worst additive for engine fuel ever dreamed up.

Plus factor in all the corn produced to manufacture ethanol gasoline, and think of all the people that corn could feed.
    Maybe this was the plan. Destroy carbs and engines forcing you to buy new ones

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Maybe animals. People don't eat feedstock corn. And there's plenty of food to go around.

Top Bottom