Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I had the Generac inverter generator during the freeze
    It's a 2000 watt unit
    Kept it stored with aviation gas ..so no ethanol
    I got it out during the freeze and it started kn 12 degree Temps in my garage
    It was plenty for us to make coffe..charge phones , some LED lights and run the fridge
    I could not be happier with how it preformed when I needed it
    Is there any benefit to aviation gas other than being ethanol free?

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Aviation gas (100LL) is pretty high in lead in spite of the name low lead. Not necessarily good for modern engines not made for lead.
    Good to know. I don’t know anything about that fuel so was just curious.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I have 5 gals of gas I got a little over a year ago, never put stabilizer in it.
    Discussions with different people said mix with new gas, some say discard it,
    some say use a little of it at a time with new gas. Should I put it in my truck tank or not?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have 5 gals of gas I got a little over a year ago, never put stabilizer in it.
    some say use a little of it at a time with new gas. Should I put it in my truck tank or not?
    Wait a bit, then sell it for $10 a gallon.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I think it would be okay to splash a couple gallons in with each fill up. Pop has a ‘96 GMC farm truck that only gets driven a few hundred miles a year, and he uses the 10% stuff. If I had to guess, the gas in it is close to a year old, and I didn’t have any problems running it a few months back.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I
    I think it would be okay to splash a couple gallons in with each fill up. Pop has a ‘96 GMC farm truck that only gets driven a few hundred miles a year, and he uses the 10% stuff. If I had to guess, the gas in it is close to a year old, and I didn’t have any problems running it a few months back.
    I think that is what I'll do. Need to fill up in a couple of weeks.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Add Stabil and let it sit. Ethanol, water and Stabil will mix and settle to bottom of container separating from the gasoline.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So I ran an extension cord to run the TV/Roku/Router, basically electronics…and my power line conditioner didn’t like the power my generator puts out at all. It reset itself every 5 mins or so…and it takes about 3 mins for it all to boot-up.

The most cost-effective, and easiest, solution is to get a small inverter generator to run my living room electronics.

I think I found a good solution, based on some forum posts and Amazon reviews…

A voltage regulator should provide my electronics with the clean power it requires.

e1b245131641f64e5f73ea67fbb189a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I think I found a good solution, based on some forum posts and Amazon reviews…

A voltage regulator should provide my electronics with the clean power it requires.

e1b245131641f64e5f73ea67fbb189a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    APC also makes battery backup/surge protectors for electronics that I use. I like their stuff.

Top Bottom