• ...and so much more!
  • gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I was thinking about buying a Glock 44 for several reasons but then put it off because I have a S&W M&P 22 compact. The S&W was very unreliable as I was experiencing about a 50% (and sometimes greater) failure to extract or failure to eject issue with it and it was really a pain to shoot and my wife hated shooting it. But, I finally sent it to S&W with some details and they repaired it and sent it back in about 3 weeks time. Now it is very close to 100% reliable and quite fun to shoot. I have about a thousand rounds thru it since repaired and have had 2 or 3 fail to ejects.

So now wife loves to shoot it and I usually shoot my Glock 19 while she shoots the 22. But with 9mm ammo getting to be so hard to find, I don't want to shoot up my ammo inventory. So we want to go to the range and shoot so I needed a 22. I went ahead and bought the Glock 44 knowing that some people had been having issues with it firing some range ammo and with aim. I went yesterday for the first time with it and had two stovepipes out of 120 rounds of various cheap ammo. Both were with 36 grain Blazer brass and wife was shooting both times so maybe some "limp wristing" involved too. But other than those minor fails, it ran great.

Also seemed that aim was pretty much on point. Definitely not a patter of shooting high as some have had with the gun. So, I didn't even touch the adjustable sights. I will go one day soon and shoot from a rest and more closely determine the sight alignment, but for target practice it is just fine.

I loaded the magazines and checked for the position of the rounds before firing and had no problem when firing, but all of the magazines seemed to have aligned the rounds pointed lower than is desirable, but it's easy to fix that before shooting. I will probably just load them next time and not adjust and see if I have any feeding problems.

I bought it from GT Distributors and they had plenty of them when I was there last week. Price was $359 whether you got commercial or Blue Label pricing. I do wish it had more than two magazines, or that the magazines held more than 10 rounds. I'm going to wait and see if Glock or someone comes out with bigger mags, and if not I will probably buy a couple of more magazines.

I would not have bought this gun now because I was waiting for bugs to get worked out when other ammo got so scarce. But after shooting it, I'm perfectly happy with it and like that it feels like my Glock 19 with same trigger feel and everything. Now my only problem will be fighting with my wife to see who gets to shoot the Glock and who has to shoot the S&W.
    Venture Surplus ad

Top Bottom