• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hwang1jin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2015
    have a few gators on my property... there is a 6 acre pond on my property and ive seen them for the past few months... dont have a clue where they came from. I get mixed information from various people... I could probably just shoot them and do away with them but have been told no one would tan them if they didnt have tags. what have any of you done or would do in this situation?
    ARJ Defense ad

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    have a few gators on my property... there is a 6 acre pond on my property and ive seen them for the past few months... dont have a clue where they came from. I get mixed information from various people... I could probably just shoot them and do away with them but have been told no one would tan them if they didnt have tags. what have any of you done or would do in this situation?
    European mount the skull, eat the rest of the evidence?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Gators are a protected game species, so don't even joke about killing them without doing things legal. Think about it; there could be a game warden reading these posts. The Parks & Wildlife folks are very professional and will do anything they can to help, but break the law and they will nail you.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Gators are a protected game species, so don't even joke about killing them without doing things legal. Think about it; there could be a game warden reading these posts. The Parks & Wildlife folks are very professional and will do anything they can to help, but break the law and they will nail you.
    Not too worried about the thought police.

All jokes aside,
    the advice to call a game warden is the sound serious advice.

Op- if you need help legally hunting them Gators send me a PM!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Unless I'm mistaken, they only issue a limited number of tags for hunting alligators in Texas.

If that is true, getting a tag would probably be difficult.

I'd check the game regulations on TPWG website to know exactly what the legal requirements are for hunting alligators are.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Am I the only one who'd love to have them in my pond (if I had property with a pond).
    No not at all. besides the fact that my 10 yr old daughter is tiny and would be bait, I would love to have some wild Gators in my back yard.

I told a joke above, and wouldn't hesitate to hunt a gator if I had a tag. But they have become one of my favorite animals.

Hike around Brazos Bend on an active day. They are amazing.

Top Bottom