• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Today was a busy day in the kitchen! 22 pints, 2 quarts, and 2 half-gallons of pickles! plus 2 half-gallon freezer bags of green beans, snapped, blanched, and frozen!

Tomorrow I'm thinking about making fireballs, I have tons of green cherry tomatoes.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    We have peach tree with lots of peaches coming in. Saw a few that were half eaten on the branches, so I put out my game camera and it's a couple of damn squirrels.

I'll take any and all recommendations to get rid of those fucking things.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I decided not to do fireballs today, but instead 9 pints of green tomato jam.

I may do fireballs at some point today, but since I am overwhelmed with green tomatoes I had to change plans!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Today I was lazy and did not get out of bed until nearly 8:30 AM or get started on canning until 10:45 AM. So far, it has been 8 pints of stewed tomatoes (cut into pieces) and I am now water bathing 7 pints of salsa. I'm tired of peeling tomatoes! My day is not finished, there remains a 3/4 full 5-gallon bucket of cucumbers to pickle! No rest for the wicked it seems.

ETA 7 quarts dill spears, I still have 1/4 bucket left, maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I went out this AM and picked what I think will be the last of the cucumbers, another 7 quarts pickled.

I made enough of my base brine to pickle 1-1/2 dozen eggs, I like to keep them in the fridge for a quick snack on hot days. I'm going to boil enough to make some tuna salad as well.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Still getting at least 20 cherry tomatoes a day, zucchini is finally got 3 prospects for something to eat in a few weeks, the peach tree is being ravaged by that fucking squirrel. We only got about 30 to 40 peaches off it, he's gotten a lot more that that. Got him on the game cam coming out of the tree with one in his mouth.

ETA. I almost forgot. Our apple tree has lost every single leaf on it.

Last edited:

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I had a LOT of cherry tomatoes I picked yesterday evening, I pureed them, with five homegrown damn HOT-n-Spicey habanero peppers and other ingredients and made 10 pints of salsa, that is a lot of cherry tomatoes!!! I have a lot of green tomatoes on the bushes.

@no2gates, no blooms on the peach tree at all, it was very late putting on leaves, and the apples were stung by those pesky stinging bugs and rotted.

I am glad things are slowing down, I am so far behind with work in the garden and yard.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    This weekend was spent cleaning spring growth from the spring planting. I had 8 cu yds of mushroom compostdelivered, I cleaned 5 beds and amended with the compost. We had 3 inches and 1 tenth of rain, I just finished at about 8 PM transplanting 26 strawberry runners.

Last edited:

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    2005juanlb
    Top Bottom