• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Went at lunchtime. All the 22lr except for 50ct boxes of cci for 3.99 was already gone (unless holding some to put out later). Had a bunch of used guns out $400 sig mosquitos $300 mossberg 715t, $800 870 magpul. :thumbdown:

Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    I wen't today too. The Magtech 9mm is about the only good deal there. There sale prices for .45 and 5.56 were still $.60 a round. Gun prices too high too. Oh well, It sounded promising.

Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    I've just about had it with Gander. WWWB 9mm is $40 there and $27 at Walmart. Everything else is just as expensive. Sure they have it available because nobody is buying it at that price. Or did they corner the market?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    they get a lot of ammo every now and then. Believe me, a LOT of people buy the ammo regardless, despite the high prices. I know this because I check them out at the registers lol. I even mention the price and the customers just don't give a shit lol. Prices have always been asinine there for as long as i can remember, before I even worked there.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Wanna chime in and say that if your looking for .22lr, every Monday they have been getting a good amount. Sorry to bring back an old thread. I live 5 minutes from this one, and the customer service has always been great!

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I just don't like gander mountain. I tried going to the one in college station a few times. It's like an expensive academy or more expensive dicks. Not for me. Who is their target demo anyways? People too good to go to academy?

Jaywalker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Don't care to share
    I just don't like gander mountain. I tried going to the one in college station a few times. It's like an expensive academy or more expensive dicks. Not for me. Who is their target demo anyways? People too good to go to academy?

BassPro, Cabelas, etc., insist on tax breaks in order to move to a city or county. Gander Mountain for years had a policy of not soliciting tax bribes to determine where to locate a store (meaning, Gander Mountain doesn't get to keep the sales taxes they collect). That means GM's prices might be higher, but the city/county don't have to raise taxes to replace the lost revenue. You can bet the small sporting goods retailer doesn't get offered that kind of deal. I buy small shops first and GM second, and only go to the other big box stores if I have to.

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Since I have not read this entire thread from start to finish, I have heard Gander Mountain will soon open a new store in DOSA in the vicinity of 281/410.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Top Bottom