Join TexasGunTalk

Gander Mountain coming to SA

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by TexasRedneck, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 1, 2011
    I once revived a 4 year dead thread and don't think that was a record. You ain't even close. ;)

2. Tx_Mark

Tx_Mark Well-Known

May 26, 2014
    :cheer: I don't feel so bad then! Lol

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

3. Saltyag2010

Saltyag2010 TGT Addict

Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I just don't like gander mountain. I tried going to the one in college station a few times. It's like an expensive academy or more expensive dicks. Not for me. Who is their target demo anyways? People too good to go to academy?

4. Jaywalker

Jaywalker New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Don't care to share
    BassPro, Cabelas, etc., insist on tax breaks in order to move to a city or county. Gander Mountain for years had a policy of not soliciting tax bribes to determine where to locate a store (meaning, Gander Mountain doesn't get to keep the sales taxes they collect). That means GM's prices might be higher, but the city/county don't have to raise taxes to replace the lost revenue. You can bet the small sporting goods retailer doesn't get offered that kind of deal. I buy small shops first and GM second, and only go to the other big box stores if I have to.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  5. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Since I have not read this entire thread from start to finish, I have heard Gander Mountain will soon open a new store in DOSA in the vicinity of 281/410.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

6. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Heard the same back when they opened the store here, but haven't heard anything more either.