• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Anyone interested in play testing my customized WOW server? I need some people for a while to play a bit on it so I can evaluate how the server performs online. For testing purposes, the XP rate is much higher than normal so making progress in the game is quick. The game play has been enhanced for a solo style of play so you can accomplish a lot on your own if needed.

A few details about it...

The WOW server is running the 3rd WOW expansion known as Wrath of the Litch King.
    The Draenei race has been replaced with the High Elves.
    Extra talent points awarded at each level.
    Expanded loot drops.
    Many other adjustments, enhancements, and other changes.

If interested...

Let me know and I will get you the details on how to connect to the game server. I can provide access to my online storage area to download the install packages for the client, expansions, and the patch files that are needed if they are unavailable to anyone.
    Hurley's Gold

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    wow.jpg

wow1.jpg

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    If there is enough interest, I may also be hosting a server for Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) which is known for its unique game play style and very detailed item crafting system. My SWG server project is heavily modified from the original standard version with many changes and adjustments to it. If there is any interest out there let me know and I may get a test server up for that.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I’m interested. That game held my soul since January 2005, and I just left last year. I can’t play as often as before, like most who started from the beginning, so let me know if that will be problem.

I also never played on a private server so I’m not sure how they work. Hopefully there’s a bit of a tutorial involved if needed.

Based on your description it looks like we need to start with a fresh level one. Is that right? It’s a shame not being able to port over my original toons, but I guess I can get used to leveling up a new one.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I’m interested. That game held my soul since January 2005, and I just left last year. I can’t play as often as before, like most who started from the beginning, so let me know if that will be problem.

I also never played on a private server so I’m not sure how they work. Hopefully there’s a bit of a tutorial involved if needed.

Based on your description it looks like we need to start with a fresh level one. Is that right? It’s a shame not being able to port over my original toons, but I guess I can get used to leveling up a new one.

OK sounds good. Getting on the server occasionally is fine so no need to do any heavy playtime as casual is OK.

There are some minor additions after installing the client software but I can assist with that so no worries.

Everyone starts at level 1 but the test server is presently set at a 24x XP rate so you will progress much faster than normal but this is a test server at the moment so that's OK. No worries about investing a lot of time grinding XP out to advance your characters.

The server ONLY supports WOW client version 3.3.5a (build 12340).

If you have the discs and patch files to load up to this specific version go ahead and get it all installed otherwise let me know and I will send you a link to my online data storage area to download whatever you need.

After you get the client version 3.3.5a (build 12340) installed I will walk you through the process of getting it ready to connect to the server.

Last edited:

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    OK sounds good. Getting on the server occasionally is fine so no need to do any heavy playtime as casual is OK.

There are some minor additions after installing the client software but I can assist with that so no worries.

Everyone starts at level 1 but the test server is presently set at a 24x XP rate so you will progress much faster than normal but this is a test server at the moment so that's OK. No worries about investing a lot of time grinding XP out to advance your characters.

The server ONLY supports WOW client version 3.3.5a (build 12340).

If you have the discs and patch files to load up to this specific version go ahead and get it all installed otherwise let me know and I will send you a link to my online data storage area to download whatever you need.

After you get the client version 3.3.5a (build 12340) installed I will walk you through the process of getting it ready to connect to the server.
    I have all the discs up through Cataclysm, but purchased future expansions online. The problem is all of my computers from that point on were great gaming systems but none of them came with CD drives. So I will be needing the link.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    The WOW server is still up and running if anyone out there is interested. Royalecheese has been playing for months now and leveled up his character all the way to 80. You don't need a high end computer or expensive video card to play. A PC with hardware that is 10 years old and running Windows 7 would work fine!

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    For anyone wondering, I have been having a great time with this. Obviously it would be nice if there were a few others to run some of the dungeons with, but I thoroughly enjoy having the entire world open to do as I please.

A few notes to anyone thinking it's a grind to level up... Just a few notes off the top of my head.

1. I took my time going through each zone, but was easily able to increase 10 levels in a single zone.
    2. Profession skill points don't stop when the gathered item is gray.
    3. Mob power is lower, or your attack power is higher... or both. While I'm not fighting something 10-15 levels above me, I do not worry about constant death.
    4. Visit the opposing faction's cities without worrying you will be destroyed. Most of the opposing guards and NPCs are non-aggressive.
    5. Talent points are gained at each level and are almost enough to completely fill in all three of your talent trees by the time you hit 70.
    6. Loot tables are increased.

It really has been a great time so far.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I forgot to mention... I have a very small forum I host and administer where I post details on the current game server(s) I am running and info of what may be available in the future. If anyone is interested check it out at: http://tgsforum.ddns.net/phpBB3

Last edited:
    Top Bottom