• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Just returned from picking up my new Ruger SR9. I've never owned a 9mm before ( always a .45) but the availability and price of 9mm has had me looking for one. Happened upon galleryofguns.com. Its the online arm of Davidson's. They offer lifetime replacement of defective guns and deal in most brands. Not Sig for some reason. (the P-250 was my second choice) They give you a quote for a delivered gun at the store you choose. I saved about $50+ over Cabalas & Academy and did not have to deal with their crummy never bring the gun back service. The FFL I picked offers to handle any Davidson's returns free. The gun gets overnighted to the FFL and you can sit up all night and track it if you want to.
    I have no connection with GOG or the FFL (Garza Firearms) and I know this sounds like a commercial, but it was one of the most pleasant buying experiences I've ever had. Now all I need is a bit of range time with my new gun and caliber. This is also my first plastic gun. I like the adjustable grip.
    I was just amazed at entering what I wanted and getting a list of total prices, dealers around me, and having the gun arrive the next afternoon. I will never set foot in the gun area of Cabalas or Academy again.
    Guns International

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Let me know how that SR9 is. I was looking at the SR9C a while back and wasn't too sure about the trigger so I ended up not getting one.

hog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    I got two guns from Gallery of guns . it`s a great place to buy .I`m wanting to get a sr9c when they get some. lol

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The SR9 is OK to dry fire as long as the magazine is inserted. The new Glock looking trigger is half cocked when the slide is worked. So there is not much more pull than a single action. Having recently shot a Kel Tec .380 I was shocked at how light it was to dry fire. I'll let you know how it goes boom tomorrow

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The SR9 is OK to dry fire as long as the magazine is inserted. The new Glock looking trigger is half cocked when the slide is worked. So there is not much more pull than a single action. Having recently shot a Kel Tec .380 I was shocked at how light it was to dry fire. I'll let you know how it goes boom tomorrow

lol, congrats. The kel tec's trigger has a fairly heavy (I'm gonna guess around 8-10 pounds) and it is LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNG. Let us know how you like the SR9, those looked really nice to me.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Got to the range today. The SR9 is a real pleasure to shoot. The trigger does not feel at all like a double action only. I guess its due to the slide action partially cocking the striker each cycle. Just take up a bit of slack and its a clean crisp drop. For me the function was flawless. However the wife and her friend who never shot before both had FTE's. Once I explained their limp wristedness to them the friend quit and the wife fired away without another incident. I'm not normally short with people but good grief, I was worried that one woman would drop my new gun between shots. Had a great time and would already trust this as a carry gun without hesitation.

dublin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    I have two guns from them, I was very happy with both purchases. I was able to get items that weren't in stock locally for far less than the local dealers quoted me directly. The first dealer I went to told me not to bother going through GoG and to just order directly through them. I went back so check pricing on an XDm and the dealer was selling it for $80 more than the total cost would have been to purchase through GoG and pick up in that same store. I now use a different FFL but I am very happy with Davidson's.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    A gun store I used to work at sold as many guns through GOG as by FTF in store sales. We never had a problem, as Davidson's is a hugemongous outfit.

Top Bottom