• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    So I bounce between a p365x and p365x-macro for EDC.

Looking at getting back into 45 because I love it. Just not sure the 5 round XDs is up to par these days.

Is the G30 and G30sf noticeably harder to carry AIWB? Is seems so minimal… but then I ask there has to be a demand for the 30s. From what I’ve read the 30 and 30sf do handle recoil a little better with the wider slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    OK this stupid. The slide on the 30s and 30sf are 0.12" wider and 3.5 oz heavier.
    Who the hell cries about this shit? I'm buying the cheapest one I can find.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    I have carried a Glock 30 and EDC for decades. It is a great gun. The practical difference between any of the variations slightly impacts feel. Find the one that fits your hand the best. The 30 is not light so slight changes there mean little. My 30 has fired every round for decades now reliably.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I have a 30sf and it’s too wide for me to carry aiwb, but I don’t think the S slide would make a difference. The only way I can really carry it is IWB about 4:30. People who have different body shapes and are better with appendix setups may have different results.

Recoil wise, I also find the sf to be a very soft shooting gun but don’t know how much different the S would be.

As far as the why on the slides, the S slide is just a 36 slide on a 30, and the normal 30/sf slide is shared with a 29, so either way they are just mixing parts from different guns. Main difference other than weight and width would be that they don’t use the same size barrels.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I have a 30sf and it’s too wide for me to carry aiwb, but I don’t think the S slide would make a difference. The only way I can really carry it is IWB about 4:30. People who have different body shapes and are better with appendix setups may have different results.

Recoil wise, I also find the sf to be a very soft shooting gun but don’t know how much different the S would be.

As far as the why on the slides, the S slide is just a 36 slide on a 30, and the normal 30/sf slide is shared with a 29, so either way they are just mixing parts from different guns. Main difference other than weight and width would be that they don’t use the same size barrels.
    just looked it up - my p365 slide width is 0.90, G30/sf is 1.12, G30s is 1.0
    So even the 30/sf is just under 1/4" wider. I cant see that making too much of a difference.

Measure my XDs, which I'll throw in AIWB from time to time, and that's 0.9" as well

I just don't know that .10-.22" is going to make that much of a difference for me. The G30/sf are a little more available and cheaper

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I have had both the OG G30 and a G30SF and found both to be decent shooters, especially given their compact / borderline subcompact (in Glock's eyes anyway) size for a .45. Slide width is the least of your concerns on a Glock - as the frame is the fattest part on *almost* all their guns. The GAP guns and Gen 5 .40's are oddities there, in that they have super fat slides vs their frames.

If you don't wear super tight fitting clothing, the minimal difference in width of the Glock 30 slide vs a P365 means little. Grip length is the most important concealment factor on any semi auto. You can go flush fit, 2 finger grip for ultimate concealment, or run the longer mag with the pinky pad and have a full grip and do the Mullet Gun thing. Honestly, the grip length of a Glock 21 vs a Glock 30 with the pinky grip isn't a lot - so I'd just as soon run the Glock 21 and have 13+1 instead of 10+1, but that's just me. I'm also 6'4" and about 275lbs and a Glock 21 hides pretty well on my fat ass when carried IWB.

Top Bottom