• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VolCano

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Houston
    For LTC I am considering trading or just purchasing a sub-compact. But how accurate would it be to go smaller. Of course you can conceal it a lot better compared to the full size. Yet when I try to CC the G17 I find it too bulky and uncomfortable. Yet it’s pretty accurate so I have some difficulty considering to tell it go. Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Depends on what fits your hand best. For me the 17 & 19x fit my hand better than the 19 but I like the 26 for bug.
    I dont have any single stacks because I have a pile of doublestack mags that fit the 17,19 26,34,17l

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    For LTC I am considering trading or just purchasing a sub-compact. But how accurate would it be to go smaller. Of course you can conceal it a lot better compared to the full size. Yet when I try to CC the G17 I find it too bulky and uncomfortable. Yet it’s pretty accurate so I have some difficulty considering to tell it go. Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on this?

Welcome to the Forum!

You didn't ask, though it I find my G27 every bit as accurate as my G23.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

"Accuracy" will be good enough for nearly all pistols, even chinesium crap.

You need to consider your environment, how you dress and how many rounds you are willing to carry or live without.

I say go for the G43. Its smaller, easier to carry and conceal. Having a adequate gun with you will always win over having the best gun at home...

I carried a G17 and still sometimes do but the 43 is so small and light it is my daily carry now. The chances of needing to use your pistol is really slim, and needing more than 3 or 5 rounds is slimmer still. I find it easier to carry a G43 mag over carrying the G17 (with light)

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    I have both, definitely don't shoot the 43 as well especially at distance. Concealment really depends on the holster. I aiwb, and with a good holster the 17 conceals well enough, but the 43 is definitely easier. The pistol I have carried the most has been the Glock 19. I know it's not cool anymore, but don't discount the 26. My 26 shoots better for me than my 43.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I was thinking about suggesting another option but decided against it.
    Then I saw @cycleguy2300 post - agreeing with his logic, but offering an even better option IMO; why not consider a compact 1911?

[edit] I expect a compact 1911 would be heavier than a G43... but a 45acp compact 1911 would be sooo much cooler! :stir:

Last edited:

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I carry a Glock 26 but with 19 mags and a sleeve.

1" shorter barrel and about the same grip as a 19. Better than the 10 rounders it came with.

I can also practice cheaply with my Glock 44 in .22LR.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have both, definitely don't shoot the 43 as well especially at distance. Concealment really depends on the holster. I aiwb, and with a good holster the 17 conceals well enough, but the 43 is definitely easier. The pistol I have carried the most has been the Glock 19. I know it's not cool anymore, but don't discount the 26. My 26 shoots better for me than my 43.
    This^^ I've learned to shoot my 43x pretty well and it's a bit more comfortable to carry. That said my G26 is still my go to over everything else I have tried.

Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    This^^ I've learned to shoot my 43x pretty well and it's a bit more comfortable to carry. That said my G26 is still my go to over everything else I have tried.
    43x and 48 are a different ball game from the 43. I didn't buy them due to my abundance of double stack glock mags, but my wife bought them both and likes them. She actually carries a 365 but will not even consider getting rid of the 43x and the 48 especially once she got the shield arms mags, and mag releases.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    43x and 48 are a different ball game from the 43. I didn't buy them due to my abundance of double stack glock mags, but my wife bought them both and likes them. She actually carries a 365 but will not even consider getting rid of the 43x and the 48 especially once she got the shield arms mags, and mag releases.
    Yeah I know it's different, just mentioned it for another option to the OP to check out.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    With the Pearce plus one extension, the 43 fits my hand perfectly, like custom made, and it completely disappears in my right front pocket.

rpwilson

Single Action Army Activist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Richmond
    I like the 19, no grip extenders and is easy enough to conceal iwb or owb with a loose fit shirt. The 26 always felt too small in my hands, i dont like my 4th finger not having a spot on the grip to hang on to. The 17 seems to be too large unless the person carrying is a huge person

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    Depends on what fits your hand best. For me the 17 & 19x fit my hand better than the 19 but I like the 26 for bug.
    I dont have any single stacks because I have a pile of doublestack mags that fit the 17,19 26,34,17l
    I felt the same way but then I really thought about it and realized that it really doesn’t matter since it is a dedicated carry gun and the most mags I would need is three. I went with a Glock 48 since it’s nearly identical to a 19 but much thinner and I have a shield arms 15 round mag in it and it’s like carrying a 19 but without the bulk. Conceals great. Shoots great.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT or a Seecamp .380 most of the summer as both fit in a pocket and disappear. I do not feel undergunned, and am not concerned with longer range accuracy as the odds of a deadly force encounter being beyond 6 feet is small enough to be discarded as inconsequential.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT or a Seecamp .380 most of the summer as both fit in a pocket and disappear. I do not feel undergunned, and am not concerned with longer range accuracy as the odds of a deadly force encounter being beyond 6 feet is small enough to be discarded as inconsequential.
    Yes, quoting my self since I accidentally hit the reply tab and not edit.

I am also confident in my ability to score consistent COM shots with both of these sightless .380s out to 15 yards so there is that as well. Not that I believe for an instant that it would come to it.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I was just eyeballing a Seecamp earlier today. Looked like a pretty high quality little piece.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom