• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    Breaded and deep fried. I'd give it a shot.
    Back in the 1970s I had a grown cousin, her husband and kids were at a KFC in Little Rock. They clam that they got a strange looking piece. They cut it open and found a rat. I know this cousin very well and believe her.
    The closest I ever came was at a Churches in Texarkana. You walked in to the counter. The setup in this store was that the fryers were right behind the serving counter, right under the menu signs. I was waiting to place an order when the front door bursts open and a very angry lady of African American heritage rushed in. She was speaking very loudly, though I understood very little of it. The gist seemed to be that one of the male employees had angered her in some way. From what little I could understand, there may have been another young woman involved. She took off her show and threw it angrily at the transgressor.
    Her aim was terrible and the shoe hit the menu sign before dropping the 3 feet or so into a working fryer. I still remember the sizzling sound as the shoe dropped into the bubbling oil. Several other employees gathered around the intended victim and words were exchanged. One of the employee was on the phone, I assume calling the police.
    The lady turned and high tailed it out of the place as her intended victim labeled the shoe out of the frier then began loading chicken into serving baskets from the same basket. I hadn't paid yet, so I just quietly slipped out the door. That was my last visit to a Churches.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    FB_IMG_1710200425421.jpg

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Dude has to be a trucker. I hate truckers. I've been driving tractor trailers for years and, when asked what I do for a living, I tell them I'm an insurance salesman. It shuts them down and I avoid the shameful questions about piss bottles and why we're not allowed into Buc-ee's.

I've been trucking for 20 years in Texas only and learned a long time ago to avoid big name truckstops. The smell of piss in the parking lot and the plastic bags full of turds is enough for me to avoid them.

I don't blame Bucees either for not wanting truckers on the property. Bunch of nasty people behind the wheel of a truck these days.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've been trucking for 20 years in Texas only and learned a long time ago to avoid big name truckstops. The smell of piss in the parking lot and the plastic bags full of turds is enough for me to avoid them.

I don't blame Bucees either for not wanting truckers on the property. Bunch of nasty people behind the wheel of a truck these days.
    And they'll **** up your parking lot.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Really it's because Buc-ee's was conceived as a "family travel stop", not a truck stop. Totally different kind of services and products offered from what a truck stop would have, and there's no showers or laundry facilities like you'd see at one of the big Flying J's or similar. And it was done that way because the guy who founded it was tired of taking his kids into truck stops and not having anywhere family-friendly to take them instead.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Really it's because Buc-ee's was conceived as a "family travel stop", not a truck stop. Totally different kind of services and products offered from what a truck stop would have, and there's no showers or laundry facilities like you'd see at one of the big Flying J's or similar. And it was done that way because the guy who founded it was tired of taking his kids into truck stops and not having anywhere family-friendly to take them instead.
    With the size of Bucees it would be. I thing to add another area with lights, CB antennas, straps, etc.

Truck stops are generally dirty nasty places. Those beautiful Bucees restrooms would be wrecked in a day. And I don’t even see Bucees as “family friendly”. I see it as a bunch of overpriced gas station merch, overpriced bad food, and none of the brands you actually like because they are all being replaced by Bucees brand everything.

Cheap fountain drinks though. And nice restrooms.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And usually the least unreasonable gas prices around. If you're selective, you can get out of there without paying more than you'd pay at a different convenience store. Get some trail mix, a fountain drink, and maybe some jerky.
    I used to buy jerky there but they cut the selection and the one I like was one that got cut.

I mostly avoid it now because of the crowds. During the summer and spring break or any holiday it’s just not worth the hassle. And I can’t stand being in a crowded place where all the voices blend together and form that weird “hum”.

Bucees is fine I guess. There’s a new one opening near me soon. I’m not excited about it at all though. Some people are acting like they did years ago when our regular Walmart got upgraded to a Super Walmart. I’m happier we got a QT.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I used to buy jerky there but they cut the selection and the one I like was one that got cut.

I mostly avoid it now because of the crowds. During the summer and spring break or any holiday it’s just not worth the hassle. And I can’t stand being in a crowded place where all the voices blend together and form that weird “hum”.

Bucees is fine I guess. There’s a new one opening near me soon. I’m not excited about it at all though. Some people are acting like they did years ago when our regular Walmart got upgraded to a Super Walmart. I’m happier we got a QT.

3 out of 4 times I stop at Buc-ee's I don't even go in. I fill the tank, pull around to the air pumps and top off the tires and then wash the windshield an back window. All very convenient, and the air pumps are never broken.

Top Bottom