• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reverendbiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    Looking for a great alternative to an ATV or side-by side UTV? I’m selling a really nice 1993 Subaru Sambar “kei” mini-truck. This clean little truck shows an indicated 35,000 km (less than 22,000 miles). It has a rear-mounted 4-cylinder engine, 6-speed manual transmission with an extra-low first gear, and push-button 4-wheel drive. The heater works great, and the radio plays! It has been lifted 2” and is fitted with brand new 13” wheels and new Firestone Winterforce 175/70-13 tires. It even has a new battery and a fresh oil/air filter change! I will include an English-language repair manual and the four original wheels and tires.
    Approximate dimensions are: 10.5’ long, 4.5’ wide. Weight is about 1500 pounds. Pickup bed is 4’X6’ and the sides drop down to make a flatbed. Cargo capacity in the bed is about 800 pounds. Similar trucks (when you can find them) are selling for $5500-$6000. You can pick this one up for $4295 cash--that’s less than half the price of a Rhino or Ranger! Great for farm, ranch, hunting, or utility use. Located in Georgetown. Price reduced to $3995!
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• sambar interior right.jpg
      sambar interior right.jpg
      56 KB · Views: 265
    • sambar091219b.jpg
      sambar091219b.jpg
      70.7 KB · Views: 255

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Beattiful little truck ! I am so broke I can't even pay attention but if I wasn't overloaded with trucks, I'd come callin'.....Knew a guy at Bell Helicopter that had a Suburu sedan, he loved it....

Reverendbiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    Yep, when you're travelin' on the deer lease, freezing your hiney off in your Rhino or Ranger you'll wish you were warm and dry in the cab of this handy little go-anywhere truck...

Reverendbiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    I think those are cool but parts availability would scare me. Is there a network of parts available here at all?

Surprisingly, yes. There are a number of online dealers that sell both new and used parts. When I bought this truck I discovered that it had a broken sway bar link. An email to GR Imports (G & R Imports importer of used Japanese 4x4 mini trucks and parts - About Us - Honda - Subaru - Mitsubishi - Daihatsu - Mazada - Suzuki) in Missouri turned up the part from one of many wrecked Sambars in their lot. They had it to me in two days. Also a good forum with owners who'll share parts and parts info.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Ohh my gosh! It's a Japan truck! I love those! Mama-sans and Papa-sans work these things hard in the fields and they do an awesome job. They were everywhere. Whoever picks this up won't be disappointed.

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    I drive a Kei, and wouldn't want to be on a street in Texas with one. These trucks are owned by every farmer in Japan. Buy it beat on it, load it with crap, it:s the Ford Ranger of japan

Top Bottom