• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    anyone been to one of these Banquets? im thinking it might be pretty cool to go. there are 3 within the next month or so that are somewhat close to my location so im thinking about it. but if it sucks then screw it. whats your thoughts (for those who have gone)
    Lynx Defense

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Went to the same one as ChunkyMonkey....left with these - one (Colt) I bought, the other (Kimber) a raffle win. Have attended 'em since '95, and firmly believe in their mission. Google "Friends of NRA"....

Stainless II & Colt Hi.jpg

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I've been to the ones in Monahans 3 or 4 times, Odessa once, and Midland once. I love em. They're awesome. Money goes to a great cause. I usually win something. A gun, some SPEC-OPS brand gear, Texas Hunt Co brand gear, targets, binoculars, etc. And they feed you dinner.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    dang fellas. thats some cool stuff ya win. but i have the worst luck at winning stuff in the world. well, looks like ill buy my ticket for one! is the dinner good? lol

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    My wife and I recently started volunteering at the local one here. Back in April when ours was my wife walked away with a Charter Arms 44spc. and a DPMS AR. It is a money raising event so you might want to take some to blow. We spent about $200 or so. Our meal was ribeye steak with all the trimmings. Real good time.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I looked into the events and I'm interested. Much to my surprise, the only one I could make the day and time on is in Louisiana. For personal reasons, I don't go to that state.
    Also surprised to see there was nothing in Houston. What's up with that?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've been to a couple and all I ever won was a stool with the NRA logo on it. (I was smart enough to win a necklace for my wife from the silent auction table so that I can get to go to the next one.) I had a great time and sat at a table with several guys that were very interesting. Food wasn't bad either.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Just got something about this Friends of the NRA coming to the Bell County Expo on Sep 8. Thinking about going. Anyone from here going to be there? I see several people in this thread have won things. Are you guys/gals just the lucky ones, or are they pretty generous with the raffles/prizes? I'm not really picky....just want to win a Kimber like tr's.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'd love to...but ah'd better not - someone will kick my butt!<G>

It's all the luck of the draw, but lots of folks win, others simply bid at the auction to get what they want. Either way, it's a great time, and for an outstanding cause!

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    If I can talk the Mrs. into it, I will probably be there with her. What is the standard dress? I usually think of banquents as at least semi-formal, but didn't know if this was more business casual. With Friends of the NRA, mentally I picture suede jackets, blue jeans, boots and cowboy hats.....

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    All you gotta do is buy a ticket? Not just for NRA Lifers or anything right? I'm a member, but yearly as of right now.

If you can, let me know when there is another around. Nice snag on the 1911's

Top Bottom