• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    What good does a test do? If you’re not feeling sick, it goes unused.

If you feel sick, you’re just going to go to a doc to confirm it. Of the four outcomes (+, -, false +, false -) your still sick with something and going out to expose others to whatever it is you have.

If you’re sick enough to need hospitalization, waiting a week or two for a free test ain’t going to help much.

Hard pass.

where I work if you have a fever or symptoms
    In order to come back to work you need a - test.

Hopefully these will be the anal swabs.
    is that the one where you use it then sniff it to see if you have a scene of smell still.
    Guns International

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    where I work if you have a fever or symptoms
    In order to come back to work you need a - test…
    (Puts on HR hat) I can understand that, but your employer is setting the requirement and therefore should have a list of acceptable tests and provide/provide access to them for you as either a reimbursable expense or covered insurance expense. Otherwise, they can adopt CDC recommendations for return to work post-COVID.

(Takes HR hat off). I understand not every company wants to do the right thing from an HR perspective.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    YG,

"Lots of places have a big circus of bullshit now."

By "Lots of places" I'm guessing you're speaking of employers?

If so, apparently they believe they can issue commands outside your employment and you if don't comply - that arms them with reason enough to fire you?

Jobs are available like not seen since the 60's, so I'd be inclined to tell them to take a flying fk. at a rolling donut!

An employer that thinks they can order U.S. citizens around like their trembling peasants existing in some bum fk. eastern european country need to be told off...

I’m not sure what brought this on, but I didn’t say anything about issuing commands outside of employment. Maybe I did, I posted that yesterday and haven’t read it again to double check.

But here’s the deal: I have a fever today so I’m home. Many of employers have policies regarding who you were around when symptoms start and at one point a certain number of days prior.

No negative test, they will often assume it’s Covid. This would mean that today they would send 3 more people home who are trying to earn a living. So I made sure to tell them I had a negative Covid test when I called to let them know I wouldn’t be in today.

When I had a sinus infection towards the start of this mess the same issue came up. They had me call a number and talk to someone with a checklist who said “yep, those symptoms align with Covid”. I was not forced to get tested. I had a choice or a 14 day “quarantine” or I could get the test showing negative and go back to work a few days later when I felt better.

Who knows how what the policy is now, it seems to change weekly. I guess I could rage quit, find another job. Likely with the same stupid ever changing policies in place.

Hell, seems like I managed to find one of the few large campaniles that never once hinted at requiring a Jab. Although I had a backup plan if they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Why would anyone want a test, free or otherwise? Why does it sound like they're doing us a favor when the "gift" is unwanted. I don't need to know what a test says. If I am sick I stay home. If I am not I go to work. It matters not if I have Covid or not.
    Gotta keep those numbers up! These are rookie numbers.

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    I’m not sure what brought this on, but I didn’t say anything about issuing commands outside of employment. Maybe I did, I posted that yesterday and haven’t read it again to double check.

But here’s the deal: I have a fever today so I’m home. Many of employers have policies regarding who you were around when symptoms start and at one point a certain number of days prior.

No negative test, they will often assume it’s Covid. This would mean that today they would send 3 more people home who are trying to earn a living. So I made sure to tell them I had a negative Covid test when I called to let them know I wouldn’t be in today.

When I had a sinus infection towards the start of this mess the same issue came up. They had me call a number and talk to someone with a checklist who said “yep, those symptoms align with Covid”. I was not forced to get tested. I had a choice or a 14 day “quarantine” or I could get the test showing negative and go back to work a few days later when I felt better.

Who knows how what the policy is now, it seems to change weekly. I guess I could rage quit, find another job. Likely with the same stupid ever changing policies in place.

Hell, seems like I managed to find one of the few large campaniles that never once hinted at requiring a Jab. Although I had a backup plan if they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My employer was providing tests and offering to reimburse for tests, at least while they were available. Without a test, if you’re sick you stay home. Pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    GP,

Your reasonable is to some extent my 'unreasonable'.

I once worked for corporate America.

If I decided to stay home because I felt ill and thought it might possibly be something contagious, I would wait to return until I felt well.

I find that reasonable.

I don't find an employer (in effect) medically bossing me around as reasonable (that's intolerably getting into my personal life) and would have (at that time) told them 'adios' if they overstepped their bounds when it comes to telling me what to do beyond the scope of my employment duties.

But sure, complying with overbearing/personal life orders from your employer while not uttering a peep is for some 'casper milk toasts'.

Not me.

I backed up the above philosophy (if you will) by not
    tolerating overbearing intrusion or orders by my employer when it was tried a few times during my career knowing it could cost me my job.

Fortunately, it never did, though to be sure I was discreetly warned it 'could' be canned...I was willing to fact that before I would meekly comply...fk that.

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    GP,

Your reasonable is to some extent my 'unreasonable'.

I once worked for corporate America.

If I decided to stay home because I felt ill and thought it might possibly be something contagious, I would wait to return until I felt well.

I find that reasonable.

I don't find an employer (in effect) medically bossing me around as reasonable (that's intolerably getting into my personal life) and would have (at that time) told them 'adios' if they overstepped their bounds when it comes to telling me what to do beyond the scope of my employment duties.

But sure, complying with overbearing/personal life orders from your employer while not uttering a peep is for some 'casper milk toasts'.

Not me.

I backed up the above philosophy (if you will) by not
    tolerating overbearing intrusion or orders by my employer when it was tried a few times during my career knowing it could cost me my job.

Fortunately, it never did, though to be sure I was discreetly warned it 'could' be canned...I was willing to fact that before I would meekly comply...fk that.
    Last I will say on that in the interest of not being argumentative is this:

All my employer did is say “if you’re sick and it might be covid, stay home.” It is completely appropriate for a company to try to avoid illness in its workforce (by reasonable non-intrusive means), and that isn’t medically bossing me around. Nobody asked me to report my medical history or status to them or even directly asked me if I felt sick. If I have a runny nose from allergies, nobody says a word. My coworker has a cough from medication he’s on, no questions asked. The policy is really no more than a polite request to “please be respectful of your coworkers, and if we can help you get tested we’re happy to help.”

And if someone wants to be an asshole and come to work sick with covid (or flu or anything else for that matter) because he doesn’t want to take a test or be considerate of other people, then I’m not honestly sure anything would be done about it.

Similar deal with the mask policy. Policy is you have to wear one, but people pull them down or take them off and nobody says anything about it. Sorry to bring up masks which is a whole other can of worms. Worthless face diapers if you ask me but people act like they’re magic. Mentally it’s so easy for people to go from “well I don’t think they work but I’ll just wear it to make other people feel good” to “well I was around ___ who is sick but I was wearing a mask so I think I’m fine.”

anyway, consider that a reasonable approach or not, personally I do and I’m grateful to have a job.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    GP,

See post No. 37 - Re:

"Lots of places have a big circus of bullshit now."

This sort of over the top crap is what I'm referencing.

Your last post regarding 'your' employer sounds like 'they're' quite reasonable, but the 'big circus of bs now' is an example of when employers (not all) can go 'off the rails' issuing bizarre directives as if employees can't vote with their feet.

They must obey...yeah, sure...

Some employers are break dancing in panic over c-19.

They come up with sht like 'you must be vaxxed to work here' etc.

Fk them.

As noted, employment opportunities abound - wanna resign?

Do so if needed - You can have a new job this afternoon.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

Now, who is a stupid son-of-a-bitch?
    You could probably guess my vote. China engineers a bio-weapon and releases it on the world. Now we pay them to send kits so we can report to them how widespread their weapon is.
    Oh, and the Biden family pockets millions in return.

Dang. Change my vote. It's us.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I already have some test kits. Let me know if you need one.

test.jpg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I hope Biden didnt buy a billion of chinas anal swabs covid test.

That would be so phucking priceless and hilarious.

Top Bottom