• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Our neighbor usually puts on a pretty impressive display, but I don't think it will happen this year. As far as I know fireworks are banned here this year. It's just too dry.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    But you picked san Antonio?

If you’ve never been to SAT around the 4th or New Years, it’s pretty well celebrated by the indigs throughout the city. So much so that the EPA routinely downgrades air quality for a week or so afterwards.

Luckily the current full blown communist is in his last term as Mayor. He got elected thru a bait and switch campaign and re-elected by simply ignoring his opposition. He actually didn’t even run, really…juat used his office at every opportunity to encourage everyone to get out and vote. “Hi, I’m Ron the Mayor and I just want everyone to come out and vote.”

I try to ignore their politics as it doesn’t really affect us in our day to day lives, but it’s going to be interesting to see how the city changes when he can’t run again next year. I think some of it will depend on what happens to Nelson Wolffe’s seat this November.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Personally, it's better than all the over cities that I've seen…
    That’s not saying much.

San Antonio is a unique place. One of the few where
    .gov politics are pretty much divorced from the what the people want. The people and businesses here succeed in spite of (or just to spite) the city .gov which is more interested in sucking on the federal tit than improving the city. For real, this is the poorest city of 1M or more people in America, but not the poorest City. That should tell you something.

Unfortunately, there ain’t enough characters available in a post to go much further than that.

Top Bottom