• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I am down in mcAllen for a week, and stopped at Academy right off of Jackson Ave. and US83 just to look around. It was $16.99 a box for Monarch 94 gr JHP. Bought two boxes just to have them in my stock. havent had any .380 ammo for a long time and have had to carry my G21 everywhere I go. This is kinda of a Godsend, but would rather of had something a little better, but beggars cant be choosers, right?

the guy told me that they were probably the only ones around right now that actually have it in stock, but let me in on a little tidbit of information, and told me that they only keep 4-6 boxes on the shelves at any given time, to thwart the horders as much as possible.

Rock on!

Brad L.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I never go by whats on the shelves, I always ask, alot of the time they just don't put it out til later due to dealing with customers. good find, I've been looking for some .380, missed it a couple times at walmart here

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Yeah, and I have been looking for 45 Auto PDX1 ammo, and I found it here in McAllen as well. They actually had 20 boxes sitting on a shelf in one of the local walmarts, but had a sign there that said that you could only buy 6 boxes of ammo at a time. I bought one box because that is all the money I had, but Dad bought me 6 more jsut because he's a nice guy.

And the good things is that it was only $20.97 a box, whereas Cabelas is charging $23.99 a box plus the shipping costs.

Rock on!

Brad L.

sltintexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    I usually go by academy once a week. They've had 380 on about half of the time. You just need to hit them mid-week.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Just came from the FW guns show. Every ammo vendor had .380 and .45 and at reasonable pricing. I think the craziness is just about over.

Englishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    Since mid July I’ve been able to get 380 but you cant be picky about brand. Paying $34 for brass and $24-$28 for other materials from eastern Europe per 50.

Top Bottom