• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    correct, and that is on the audio. But the dispatcher sent cops on an open structure call which is different the welfare check according to chief
    I'm not sure of what makes that different in definition or response for that department. But I could see how that would make a responder approach it differently.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Are you trying to be obtuse, or are you that dense? I said had she shot at the cop, she would have been entirely within her rights, case in point... see link I posted.

Are you obtuse or are you that dense?

nothing you have written has anything to do with her pointing a gun out the window being a relevant fact

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It's not relevant because it was not illegal.

legality does not determine relevance in an investigation.

the most obvious reason why it is relevant as it now explains why he shot her so quickly, he saw her pointing a gun at him. Prior to this we were guessing - ND, etc. so now we know it was not an accidental shooting. He shot her intentionally and murder is the correct charge.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    This reminds me of the time two bozos were banging the hell out of my front door at 3AM, I went and opened the door only to find a damned pistol in my face. Dumb ass looked dumbfounded and asked if my neighbor was there. Apparently they were serving a warrant and came to the wrong house.

They did not identify themselves as police officers until I answered the door, the two guys were so close to my door that I could not see them through my living room window, they were plain clothed with carriers and badges around their necks.

Luckily I was more tired and pissed off about the noise at that time of night to really care more other than to open the door and tell the people on the other side to shut the hell up and leave. Had I been a gun owner at the time, and because of all of the variables, I'd probably be dead today.

Poor lady. I do kind of feel bad for the cop cause in my mind, it's more likely that he's a decent human being who made an intensely knuckle headed mistake, out of overreactive fear, than a cold hearted murderer who was just LOOK'N for a reason.

EDIT TO ADD: People NEED to stop calling the cops for dumb ass little things.

"GUY HAS A GUN UNDER HIS SHIRT!"

"Two guys just walking inside of a house for sale..."

"I heard a baby cry."

We are so disconnected from being good neighbors that we don't talk to people or check on things anymore. If I was concerned because my neighbor had both doors open, I'd go over to let them know, or assume they already DO. In an interview, the poor neighbor said he does feel very guilty, so this is just sad all the way around. But I guess shit like this just goes to show how distracted and disconnected society is. This stuff will only get worse...

LAST..........

FOR FUCKS SAKE PLEASE, SOCIETY, STOP MAKING EVERYTHING THAT INVOLVES ONE WHITE AND ONE BLACK OR HISPANIC PERSON ABOUT RACE!

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I honestly doubt he had even time to see if she was black or white, or male or female for that matter.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2008
    Jacksonville, Tx, W.Monroe, La
    I just saw on the news that the nephew who witnessed everything stated she had a gun in her hand, which the officer saw. Problem was she thought he was a prowler and he or partner never announced that they were police. Neighbor had made call about open door, so the young woman never knew police were coming. Tragedy of errors. My take is policeman is guilty, of exactly what remains to be seen. Could he have dropped out of her liine of sight and called out? It seems to me police are too quick to shoot nowdays and this needs to be stopped.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The gun really complicated the prosecutions case. The defense will certainly use it.

Does anyone know of a single case in us history where a cop, acting under authority of the law, when confronted with an unknown subject who points a firearm at them, then fired in self defense was ever convicted of murder?

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    This is another case of bad luck and weird situations.

If I were a woman in my own house caring for a small child and I hear noises outside, you can bet I would seek out my firearm. Especially since I was licensed by the State of Texas to have one.

If I were a police officer doing an investigation and saw someone point a gun at me from inside a house, you bet I would fire my pistol. I would also hope my shot was first!

My question is why was an 8 year old boy up playing video games at 2:30am?

This is going to end up like the Amber Guyger trial. Too many people want retaliation more than justice.
    Too many people feel they are being persecuted because of their race.

I grew up in the 50's. Back then people respected the laws of our country and each other. I will be the first to admit that the general treatment of blacks was not something to be proud of back then. I can remember signs above drinking fountains at Sears and on public bathroom doors that read "whites only".

Things are different today. There is no respect for the law by a large number of people (black and white). People today think they are "entitled" and above the law. I am a pretty open minded person, but every morning when I watch the news on TV, I get depressed by the number of shootings that happened over night. Most are perpetuated by people of color during robberies or gang related incidents. That statement was not intended to be a racist remark, it is the truth.

Until people wake up and make an effort to achieve cultural changes, our world will never get better.

I feel for the family of the woman who was shot as well as the family of the police officer. Neither family will ever be the same no matter what the outcome of a trial will be.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The gun really complicated the prosecutions case. The defense will certainly use it.

Does anyone know of a single case in us history where a cop, acting under authority of the law, when confronted with an unknown subject who points a firearm at them, then fired in self defense was ever convicted of murder?

I want to watch the prosecutor cross the kid

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Too young.
    picard-facepalm.jpg

Attachments

• picard-facepalm.jpg
      picard-facepalm.jpg
      24.3 KB · Views: 333

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So many things are wrong in this case. In today's society people have become too polarized, citizens and LEO's alike. In days past, when someone calls the police as a concerned neighbor, the police would go up to an open door and call out to see if anyone was home. Only if there was a real threat would they pull their guns.

It was a courtesy on the part of the neighbor, and it should have been a courtesy on the part of the police checking it out. No call came of possible armed bad guys in the home, so why act as if there were?

The reporting of this case was horrendous, and only helps to further polarization.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did I read somewhere that the responding officers were told by dispatch it was something other than a welfare check?

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Did I read somewhere that the responding officers were told by dispatch it was something other than a welfare check?

I believe they said it was something like an open structure call.

I was so focused on the shooting part of the video I didn’t notice that the storm doors were closed.

They should’ve just knocked on the door. Why in the world would they think they’d need to sneak around the back? There’s nothing suspicious about a home owner enjoying a nice Texas cool front with screen doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamlibtoim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2016
    Texas (Bay Area)
    I’m at a loss for words here... This is happening too often. These kids who are wearing a badge seem to be to scared to do their job properly. Between this now, the other female officer who was in the wrong apartment and another story about a wellness check where police went to wrong address and fired 8-9 shots through front door... Just Damn!! Makes me worry about leaving my kids at home not only because of “the bad guys” but also of situations like this... maybe there could be such a thing as only combat veterans in police force, or required live fire training to brazen these new recruits up. So sad, this is completely unacceptable. I really feel they need to adopt a policy similar to “do not fire unless fired upon” That might be a stretch in certain situations but again, Damn...

Top Bottom