Join TexasGunTalk

Fort Worth Officer kills woman in her own home

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by BillFairbanks, Oct 12, 2019.

1. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    My wife was minding her own business when a reckless Tarrant County jailer shot her in our backyard. The first thing my boss said when he found out the shooter wasn’t arrested and didn’t face charges was, “ you know if she was black that would’ve been different.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA89 and Texasgordo like this.
  2. Bithabus

Bithabus ! TGT Supporter

Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The chief? He's trying to shield his agency from liability. Long road.

jordanmills likes this.
  3. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Back in the day, well check call. Arrive at address of call. Walk up on porch, note door open. Knock on door several times. Call out loudly "Police, is anyone home" If no response than walk around home to see if anything else wrong. If not carefully enter home and check things out, loudly shouting "Police" all the time. NOTE: This ain't TV, gun in holster. Most cases the homeowner came to the door, a quick, "Everything OK?" tell them a neighbor was worried and called. Leave and go on about business.

Common sense. Neighborhood doesn't count. I spent most of my career working in the black community. I was careful but never as scared as that officer. The being cautious came from the costume I was wearing to the ball, not the neighborhood.

4. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Sure he is. The DA made sure of that. It all depends on the "evidence" the DA brings to the Grand Jury. IMHO both the DA and that officer need to be investigated.

I'm all with you. If you're minding your own business in your home there's NO REASON a Government Kill Bot should shoot you. Yeah, I'm going into the Kill Bot area. It seems that these so called Law Enforcement Officers go straight for the gun. See a shadow shoot it. Hear a noise shoot in that direction. See a citizen inside their house with the lights on at night, squeak then shoot. Forget that anyone with a brain knows you can't see shit outside at night if the interior lights are on, forget that if the windows are closed they aren't going to hear your scared little voice. Just go straight for the kill shot. Hell, why not, you know the Blue Mafia will close ranks and protect you. As long as ya don't step on your dick too hard there's nothing to worry about. You know you'll get special treatment, you'll be handled with kid gloves, given 48-72 hours before questioning, be allowed to talk with responding officers.

You won't be handcuffed and thrown in the back of a cruiser, you won't go directly to jail, you won't be questioned for hours on end.

Nope, we don't treat our Government masters like that.

5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    How much questioning is needed when there is a camera recording everything that happens...

6. Glenn B

Glenn B Active Member TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    That is why I essentially wondered why they did not announce themselves from behind the safety of cover. Cover is about the best thing you can have and use as a LEO in a hostile situation and in a nonhostile situation to avoid making what I believe (based on that video mostly) the mistake these officers made. If this had been an ambush, then any hypothetical bad guy(s), with half a brain, in all likelihood would have been concealed behind cover and would have opened fire as the officers approached the house and were in the open. They were not being stealthy enough to avoid being injured or killed if this had been an ambush. Being what it was, had they announced themselves, the woman in the house likely would never have been shot. Had they announced themselves from behind cover and no one answered, then approach cautiously if need be. Either way - if had been an ambush - it would not have been like the bad guys did not know the police were there.

digger likes this.
  7. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I would just like law enforcement (and everyone else) to observe the 4 basic rules of gun safety.

I think the officer had his finger on the trigger and fired before he intended to. I say that because he didn’t even finish saying, “show me your hands” before he shot. I think he’s trying to cover his rear by saying he perceived a threat.

ed308, rmantoo, Southpaw and 5 others like this.
  8. mamboloco

mamboloco Active Member

Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    reminds of the startled cop who shot the lady who came up to their cruiser in Chicago.. what the heck are they thinking these days?

BillFairbanks likes this.
  9. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Or the Fort Worth Officer who shot the guy holding a barbecue fork and tried to claim his shotgun malfunctioned

[​IMG]

rmantoo, deemus and TxStetson like this.
  10. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That was my reaction upon reading that. In today's climate racism sells, and it sickens me that the so called news races to report it like this was racially motivated.

jordanmills and Dred like this.