• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Went to the FW gun shot this Sunday. Nothing special in mind to buy, but haven't been to one in a while so I thought I'd give it a look see.

I was underwhelmed. The smallest show I've ever seen at Will Rogers. The room was cut just about in half with a divider wall, and the crowd was sparse.

Of course like all shows, this one is 30.06 posted. I'm walking along looking at some guns, and here is this guy (early thirties) with his wife or SA, and she points to a gun and says I kind of like this one. He says, that's my gun. She says no way, then he pulls up his shirt and pulls the gun out of a IWB holster and shows her it is indeed that gun (Sig pro I believe) No ties and obviously ready to go. WTF are people thinking.
    Texas SOT

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Those are the people that cause AD's at gunshows-
    One missed me by about 2 seconds when I saw him pull it out
    of a fanny pack to "see" how it fit in a holster-
    He pulls back the slide and drops the mag
    I backed up and to the right and it
    went bang and hit a guy in the thigh. .40 Corbon

mmay1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I went to that show Saturday. It was small and not very well-attended from what I could see, which in my view made it more pleasant for those of us who were looking to buy something. The prices seem to have come down a bit in the last few weeks and I did see some reasonable buys. ARs in particular were lower priced. My buddy came home with a couple of handguns and I picked up a nice Savage 11G in 308 Win. with a Leupold scope, so we found what we wanted, contributed to the local economy and gave the economic finger to the Dems. All in all, not a bad day.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I went to that show Saturday. It was small and not very well-attended from what I could see, which in my view made it more pleasant for those of us who were looking to buy something. The prices seem to have come down a bit in the last few weeks and I did see some reasonable buys. ARs in particular were lower priced. My buddy came home with a couple of handguns and I picked up a nice Savage 11G in 308 Win. with a Leupold scope, so we found what we wanted, contributed to the local economy and gave the economic finger to the Dems. All in all, not a bad day.

I agree. Although there we fewer vendors, and not so many attendees, it made it more pleasant than it has been in recent events. And the fact that ammo prices and for the most part, gun prices have come back to
    more reasonable levels was encouraging.

Top Bottom