Former Sheriff's Captain (Santa Clara County, CA) Found Guilty of Bribery in Concealed Carry Pay-to-Play Scheme

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

A former captain in the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office could soon be heading to prison after a jury convicted him on felony bribery and conspiracy charges this week.

Jensen, a former spokesperson for the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office, conspired with the chief executive officer and a middle manager from AS Solution Inc., an international security company. The company offered a $90,000 bribe in exchange for 10 to 12 Carry Concealed Weapon permits for its executive protection agents, according to prosecutors.

“For the average member of the public, no matter how pressing or justified their need, if they follow the procedure … and mail in an application, it will not be reviewed,” Rosen said in 2020. “However, if you are, in the words of Sheriff’s Captain James Jensen, a ‘VIP,’ then he will meet you at Starbucks, personally review your application and help you fill it out.”

Attachments

• Santa-Clara-County-Google-Maps.jpg
      Santa-Clara-County-Google-Maps.jpg
      130.4 KB · Views: 40

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Almost every jurisdiction over there on the Commie-Coast has a pay-to-play regine for permits. There were some exceptions inland and NorCal but the majority were run this way. They should lock them ALL up for this criminality. But, as VT noted, the chances of them seeing 1 min. behind bars is very, very low indeed.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I will say that based on first-hand experience this was true. Some of the security and executive protection companies I worked with had this same agreement with the local sheriff and knew there was a kick back. I remember one job I did I was given this application for CCW but it was limited to assignments only and going to and from work, so they had their stipulations. This guy above pissed someone off for him to get the axe.

Top Bottom