Patriot Mobile

WTS For sell: IMI DESERT EAGLE 44 MAGNUM - Houston price drop $1350 + 10% off to TGT Supporters

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    Looking to sell a cornerstone of my personal collection, it is just sitting in my safe. This unit definitely is a hand canon as they say. This unit is one of the rare IMI manufacturered units that are.not being built anymore by Magnum Research in Israel. Took it out recently and had it serviced, stripped and cleaned due to its maturity. Decided since it was being completed taken apart for professional cleaning, to install a new spring tune up kit, recoil spring assembly and gas piston as they were in working order but still a little worn. The total replacement of parts and installation was about $275. Put less than 300 rounds through this unit and have had it for 15+ years. This unit is in pristine condition with original matte finish. It shoots extremely well and I believe reliable.

Comes with Three (3) Magazines in the original casing. Recently had a lot of interest in it, but think I may have had it priced a little too high.

Asking $1350 - FTF sale only, will not ship or for any trades, sorry.

10% off to TGT Supporters

Best regards,
    David East

20220925_192953.jpg

20220925_193024.jpg
    20220925_193052.jpg
    20220925_193220.jpg
    20220925_193306.jpg

20220925_193314.jpg
    Guns International

Attachments

• 20220925_193314.jpg
      20220925_193314.jpg
      220.1 KB · Views: 72
    Last edited:

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    Am I asking too much for this unit or is the model just not one that is sought out much?

I am kind of thinking it may be a nitch model, meaning that someone who wants it is really looking specifically for it.

I am inviting the feedback, no offence will be realized.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    There may be a collector looking for that particular model and willing to pay that. I really don't know the market on those though.

Most of the Desert Eagle market is looking for the newer models with built in rails and in 50AE because they are ultimately range toys. That price range used may get you a fancier finish too.

While the 44 Magnum is less expensive to feed and easier to find ammo for it just isn't a popular.

One of the bigger nationwide sites may put it in front of the right buyer quicker.

They are great shooting firearms if your hand is big enough to grip it. Good luck!

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    There may be a collector looking for that particular model and willing to pay that. I really don't know the market on those though.

Most of the Desert Eagle market is looking for the newer models with built in rails and in 50AE because they are ultimately range toys. That price range used may get you a fancier finish too.

While the 44 Magnum is less expensive to feed and easier to find ammo for it just isn't a popular.

One of the bigger nationwide sites may put it in front of the right buyer quicker.

They are great shooting firearms if your hand is big enough to grip it. Good luck!
    Great feedback, thank you. Definitely right, it is a range toy, fun but that eventually wears off as I have the attention span of a squirrel. That is why it has just been sitting for so long :-)

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    There is one for sale on gunbroker with a minimum bid of $1249 and not much action and yours would be with 3 mags and no sales tax so a good deal probably. The issue is demand. Best of luck with the sale.

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    Price drop to $1350. Taking this Desert Eagle, the FN FS2000 5.56 and Henry Big Boy 45 Colt to the Six Bullets gun show tomorrow in Pasadena to see if anyone bites. Last three I want to sell of the collection.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Price drop to $1350. Taking this Desert Eagle, the FN FS2000 5.56 and Henry Big Boy 45 Colt to the Six Bullets gun show tomorrow in Pasadena to see if anyone bites. Last three I want to sell of the collection.
    I don't see an ad for the FS2000. Did I miss it somewhere?

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    I don't see an ad for the FS2000. Did I miss it somewhere?
    I didn't actually put one up here, figured it was another "nitch" expensive firearm that would not get a lot of interest like the Desert Eagle is turning out to be.

I may throw it up in the forum for a week or so, then move it to gunbroker. I'm pretty sure I could get close to $3k for it considering what others have sold for in the past 2mos. Then again, I may not...who knows. Done pretty well with this whole selling experience, 42 inherited guns sold, but it's real tiring selling this stuff and hope not to have to do it again.

I did see a DE like mine at the gunshow yesterday for $1950.00 but it was all pretty scratched up.

That was a really poor gunshow yesterday, hardly anyone there and quite a bit of junk on the tables. I walked around twice and didn't see a single AK pistol type I wanted to fondle.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have wanted one for a long time. I have some questions.

1. It appears that the ammo you have is standard 44 mag ammo, correct? Is that what it shoots?

2. I was under the impression that this ammo used cases that were made from 308 cases? Yes or no?

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    I have wanted one for a long time. I have some questions.

1. It appears that the ammo you have is standard 44 mag ammo, correct? Is that what it shoots?

2. I was under the impression that this ammo used cases that were made from 308 cases? Yes or no?
    1. Standard 44 MAG ammo, I typically use 44 MAG 240 GR RNFP when I fired the unit.
    2. I am not sure about use from 308 cases. I remember reading YEARS ago that you could cut down rifle .308 brass and reaming it to allow use in a .44, but I never tried it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Timing ain't perfect for me, but I may circle back around later if its still available.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    1. Standard 44 MAG ammo, I typically use 44 MAG 240 GR RNFP when I fired the unit.
    2. I am not sure about use from 308 cases. I remember reading YEARS ago that you could cut down rifle .308 brass and reaming it to allow use in a .44, but I never tried it.
    That would be .44 AMP, meant for the automag.

You'd at the very least have failures to extract were you to shoot it out of a desert eagle.

GLWS, if i had some extra cash I'd be tempted

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom