ARJ Defense ad

Folders (folding knives). What's Your Favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    No rules or cheatin in a knife / gun fight, only winners and losers.
    There are several rules.
    1 -Avoid either if at all possible.
    2 -A knife doesn't run out of ammo.
    3 - Use knife to get to gun.

I'm too old to run so the options are limited. See Rule 1.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    Yeah, it's sure hard to pick a favorite. I'd say the "Buck" with S30V blade and micarta handle on the left is my best folder, the "no-name" on the right with the Damascus blade and bone handle is the prettiest.

View attachment 271365

View attachment 271366

I dig that buck. I have so many knives from so many different companies. The cheap knives these days have really stepped up the quality.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    There are several rules.
    1 -Avoid either if at all possible.
    2 -A knife doesn't run out of ammo.
    3 - Use knife to get to gun.

I'm too old to run so the options are limited. See Rule 1.

Imho there are only 2 rules in a fight of any type.

1. Win
    2. Cheat

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I like the ol' Buck 110. And guess what? It fits perfectly in a horizontal 1911 magazine carrier.

B1101.jpg

B1102.jpg

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I lost my old Kershaw this weekend, been with me since 2010 or so. So I bought a new Kershaw Leek. Very well constructed, no play in the knife at all, very sharp on arrival, used today for the first work-related task. Worked better than a razor knife!

WarBaby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    DFW, TX
    Damn, losing a knife is like losing a dog. Hate that feeling. The Leek is a good knife, ive got a backup Kershaw Chive that is a little smaller for when I don't want to carry the Blur. Ken Onion designs are awesome.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I lost my old Kershaw this weekend, been with me since 2010 or so. So I bought a new Kershaw Leek. Very well constructed, no play in the knife at all, very sharp on arrival, used today for the first work-related task. Worked better than a razor knife!
    Bought a leek a few weeks back. The US made Kershaws are really nice

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Not sure what my favorite is, but after losing a $250 benchmade I've been carrying the Boker Kalash for several years. No complaints about it. Could use a sharpening after hacking through a spinal cord of a 9 pointer last year. Almost easier to just buy another.

Most days I carry one too. Tough knife, love the spring. It’d amazing how much those knives can take.

CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    My favorite folders are these 2 but the one with the CF scales has been used enough for the logo to be heavily worn and the bronze washers to be replaced. I guess that probably makes it my favorite although the other one gets carried quite a bit also. I used to collect knives but since I don't do safe queen knives any more, I've been able to spend a bit more for knives I will carry. And so nobody gets offended, there's nothing wrong with collecting knives just to admire them if that does it for you.
    IMG_5277.jpg

DWDM_In_DFW

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Denton
    My favorite folders are these 2 but the one with the CF scales has been used enough for the logo to be heavily worn and the bronze washers to be replaced. I guess that probably makes it my favorite although the other one gets carried quite a bit also. I used to collect knives but since I don't do safe queen knives any more, I've been able to spend a bit more for knives I will carry. And so nobody gets offended, there's nothing wrong with collecting knives just to admire them if that does it for you. View attachment 276641
    OG Shirogorov, or a Green Thorn?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "And so nobody gets offended, there's nothing wrong with collecting knives just to admire them if that does it for you."

Huh?

Hey, some people collect old pisspots, old glass telephone insulators, books of wooden matches, and on and on and yet, no one 'gets offended' doing so, but your statement about offense offends me...no it doesn't.

I too collect knives that appeal to me and yet never use.

Top Bottom