DK Firearms

Folders (folding knives). What's Your Favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My 3rd favorite is a Gerber prodigy which is a fixed blade. It comes with a nice molle sheath. Mine has a bunch of burrs and grind marks and stuff so it's not perfect but it's a lot of stuff for the money.

My 4th favorite was my Microtech Ultratech. It's just so light and elmax steel holds an edge so well. Kind of expensive but you get what you pay for.

Those aren't folders so I omitted them. I'm honestly surprised someone actually paid enough attention to notice 3 and 4 were missing.

It's what I do.....

:green:
    Hurley's Gold

MightyMike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Houston
    This is my go to pocket knife. I got it from my grandpa before he passed, its so heavy I am sure I will pass it to my son.

Attachments

• knife.jpg
      knife.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 237

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I used to carry a Schrade just like that for many years, unfortunately I lost it in the bilge on one of the aircraft carriers. It was heavy and reliable, but at my age I now prefer the lighter, assisted open folders.

Greywarrant

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Round Rock
    I used to buy those expensive fancy knives like Microtech, Benchmade, Emerson. I still have a Chris Reeve Sebenza that never leaves home because I don’t want to lose it. But then I lost some from time to time and cried — a lot. I currently have one of those slim line plastic handled buck 110s. I think it cost shy of $30. Buck heat treatment for the 420HC steel is good and it is easy to resharpen. I thought about the pro model with the S30V steel ($80 ish), but I guess I’m getting cheap in my old age

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    I have several knives ranging from cheap but decent quality, to near premium...but I always come back to this little guy. I guess you could say that it's my favorite. Kershaw Leek Composite.
    20201201_183213.jpg

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I won't spend a huge amount of $$, so I like my Gerbers and Kershaws.

And I have a bunch of cheapo countertop folders, and Remington or Winchester logo knives (China, right?) stashed in drawers and toolboxes.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I pretty much stay with Kershaw and Zero Tolerance.

I do have a Benchmade that was a serialized limited run that was only available to certain customers at one of the last Shot Shows. House of Blades was one of those customers... It was the last one in stock.

soupgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Houston
    I have several knives ranging from cheap but decent quality, to near premium...but I always come back to this little guy. I guess you could say that it's my favorite. Kershaw Leek Composite.
    View attachment 245570

The Kershaw Leek has always been my favorite knife. The only one that I have an issue with is the "gold" version because I've had two so far and they wear way too easy.

RigRunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2021
    PF
    My favorite carry would have to be Spyderco Superleaf. Many others like ZT, Emerson, Protech, etc rotate in and out

Attachments

• 8666952E-AD57-442D-8CD1-8EE66D6CC54E.jpeg
      8666952E-AD57-442D-8CD1-8EE66D6CC54E.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 86

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Kersaw SS knife. Got it at Academy about 15 years ago, and it’s served me well as an EDC. Made in PRC is the only thing that bothers me about it.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I can’t choose a favorite folder, that’s kinda like choosing your favorite kid.

I have a Puma that’s been nothing but awesome. A Spyderco that was a gift from my brother, that I will always treasure. An old Case that was my great grandfather’s EDC. My current EDC is a Boker Kalashnikov (also a gift from my brother)I’m really liking it. I could go on and on, there’s a whole drawer full of knives with stories attached to them.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom